I couldn't do it without you guys!

Options
landodewd
landodewd Posts: 43 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have been having a little trouble dropping weight these past two weeks. I guess it is kinda hard for me mentally because my dad lost over 100 in a year and my little brother lost over 70. The weight came off them like butter and it has been driving me crazy. I almost felt like giving up. I have a history of depression, bi-polar and anxiety. I realized one thing finally that I exercise twice a day and have not been having and issues with my "brain". I am starting to enjoy life and have a better outlook on life. I finally am feeling like there is hope again. Sure i'm not losing weight that fast but I am no longer eating 5-6000 calories a day. I am eating around 2000 to 2500 but it is healthy food. No fast food, candy, soda, processed food, all you can eat red meat that I used to eat. I realized i'm not losing weight like they did but I am eating better than they were and still are eating. I am in this for me and for my health. I have had 4 heart surgeries and have had my mental health problems so I needed change. I was sick of doctors saying "Well since this pill isn't working lets add this one to it". I used to take 13 different pills a day. My blood pressure is now a steady 110/70 give or take and it hasn't ever been that low because of my heart and I am off all my prescriptions but 1 for the first time in 8 years! My doctors are finally happy with me (No more yelling about weight and exercise) I honestly can say without MFP and the awesome community it has I wouldn't be where I am today. You guys have helped keep my going and gave me tons of inspiration to want to better my life. I used to loose weight than put it right back on. I have made a lifestyle change and can't and won't look back. Thank you everyone for the support or even just the informative posts. Thanks for saving my life!

Replies

• lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great to hear about you getting off all your meds except one! That's amazing! Just another perfect example of how diet and exercise really is the "go-to" for many health related issues! People need to think of food as Medcine, as well as fuel! What a success story!! Be patient with the pounds coming off! I've been in a mini plateau myself and think I've finally broken through - we'll see how my weigh in goes on Tuesday! Great job - keep it up!!
This discussion has been closed.