Plateau hurdle

Hi guys,

I have been on the program for 9 weeks now, lost 14.6 kilos but this week i have plateaued on my weight, at times my weight has gone up. I haven’t done anything different at all, the foods I have eaten and exercise is the same as previous weeks.

I realise that it’s quite normal to Plateau but wanted to know if anyone has any tips that had worked for you with overcoming this hurdle? Would love to hear from you.
Thanks in advance... Alice

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Have you recalculated your calories to make sure you are still in a deficit?
  • alicekups
    alicekups Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for your reply harper16, no I haven’t. How do I update this? My weight gets updated so I would assume this would be done automatically by the app.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,794 Member
    alicekups wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply harper16, no I haven’t. How do I update this? My weight gets updated so I would assume this would be done automatically by the app.

Click on Goals tab on the homepage .... then click on view guided setup (in blue) ....I usually do this every 10 lbs loss ... :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    alicekups wrote: »

Some people find it doesn't happen automagically. Going back through guided set-up ought to trigger it (but watch to keep any custom settings you made previously).

If you're just at a steady weight for one week (really anything less than 3-4 weeks), after losing fairly steadily up to this point, I wouldn't call it a plateau. Sometimes that just happens - stall for a bit, then what some people call a "whoosh": Bigger loss kind of all at once. Usually has something to do with water retention, maybe stress related, maybe heat or some other factor, hard to tell . . . but pretty normal.

So, patience may work, if it's been only a week or two, even without resetting anything.

Best wishes!
  • AMONIV
    AMONIV Posts: 7 Member
    Sup
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I agree with the others - go back through your goals and keep on truckin’! How much more weight do you have before goal? The closer you get, the slower it goes. I reached my first goal a few weeks ago and am shooting for 5 more lbs, every week is up and down, up and down. Eventually I’ll get there, trying to be patient.
  • alicekups
    alicekups Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you all so much, this was my first community blog experience and you have all given me so much insightful information, I really appreciate all your comments. I will update my goals and see if that makes a difference.

I try not to fixate on the actual weight, but try to focus on what I can see or what I can feel in my clothes, but I have to work at this. You’re all right, I’ve got to be more patient!! Thank you for reminding me.

@moonangel12 well done on your weight loss so far, that’s awesome! I hope the last 5 drops in no time. As for me, I would like to lose another 15-20 kilos.