What do you think of eating only 2 meals a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's important to find what style of eating will help you stick to your goals long term. I don't know that I buy into the supposed "other benefits" of IF. But for me, it does help me significantly with feeling satisfied and sticking to my calorie goals. I used to try the small meals/grazing thing because at the time there was a lot of hype about how that was best, and you're not supposed to be hungry because you're eating all of the time.

Yes, I was eating all of the time, but I was ravenous all day long. I never ever felt satisfied, even though I was eating plenty of calories. It took me a long time to realize big, but less frequent meals are SO much better for me. Lately with mostly being at home I eat lunch and dinner, with both meals being about 700-800 calories each. When I was working (not from home) it depended on my plans for the evening but I preferred to save a big chunk of my calories for the evening. Sometimes I'd have a much smaller lunch (300 ish calories) and then have the freedom to go out to a restaurant for dinner and eat whatever I wanted (within reason, of course). Or even if I was eating at home, I liked having most of my calories in the evening when I could relax and enjoy them. I'd have a good sized dinner and sometimes dessert.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm keto and fat-adapted, I only eat 1- 2 times a day.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Your total calories is what matters, not how they are divided.

Me personally - would not fare well on 2 meals per day. I do not like big meals.

I usually eat 5 meals per day, some bigger than others.

or 3 meals, 2 snacks if you want to label it that way.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't really suit me. I was starving by lunchtime and then would overeat the rest of the day. Maybe I could have put more effort into it but I realize I really like more meals a day than just one or two.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I often eat 2 meals on the weekend. Whatever works best for you.