Apple Watch or FitBit

I presently have an Apple Watch and it does...okay with tracking. I've had FitBit in the past and loved it.

Honest opinions, which do you prefer? Which more accurately tracks? Pros & cons?

Thanks!

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    My Apple Watch would have to be pried from my cold dead hands lol...I know it doesn’t sync as well with MFP, but I a while back I was curious to see how accurate it was for me, so I started a spreadsheet where I tracked my total calories in, based on my MFP log and total calories out based on my Apple Watch. For this I used the Total calories number not just the “active calories” and my weight to see how closely I gained or lost compared to what the numbers equaled I should have gained or lost and it was super accurate each month within 0.1 lbs. Over time I’ve learned pretty accurately what my TDEE is and how much I can actually eat and still lose weight. Plus I love all the badges and challenges haha
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    I used a fitbit in the past as well; and it was fine for what it did... BUT; I find the applewatch to be way better; the competitions feature is a great motivator.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,554 Member
    Fitbit (charge family) does everything I want until a watch can fully replace the cell phone I get to carry everywhere anyway.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I've used a Fitbit since the end of 2013. I've never owned an Apple Watch. SO I'd say Fitbit, of course. Fitbit One (no longer in production but mine still works) and Fitbit Ionic.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Fitbit (charge family) does everything I want until a watch can fully replace the cell phone I get to carry everywhere anyway.

I just ordered a Charge 4 and am looking forward to the upgrade from my Alta HR
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Apple Watch- I've had mine for a year and was a frequent fitbit user before.
    Its funny, 3 weeks ago my apple watch suffered a fall and was in getting repaired- and I went back to fitbit. The two dont even compare for me now.
    I find the TDEE is really helpful on the apple watch.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I had Fitbit and switched to Apple Watch and love the watch.