The ice cream will still be there.

Options
I overate by 450 calories for the last two days. In the grand scheme of things, that is really not a big deal. My job has been super stressful with some urgent deadlines which means I haven't gotten enough sleep and have been working through my usual exercise time. Honestly the sleep and lack of exercise bothers me more than the overeating. That and the poor nutritional choices I made due to the stress and lack of time.

Here's what I can do though. I can celebrate meeting my work deadline by drinking some water, getting a good night's sleep, putting in a good workout tomorrow morning, and eating within my limits going forward. In the past I would have decided that since I had blown my food today then I might as well just give up. Well, I've come too far to give up and two days of a moderate overage isn't going to put all the pounds back on.

There's no point to this post. I just wanted to share with people who would understand. Oh, and to whine that there are fresh rice crispie treats made by the kids, and ice cream with magic shell calling my name. LOL They will be there tomorrow when I can plan for it, right? At least the ice cream will be. I hope! It has taken years, but I think I finally get it.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    If you've been losing at a pound a week or more, you'll still be under maintenance calories for the week, so still losing, just a little slower. Even if only losing half a pound a week, 450 over for 2 days is delaying ultimate goal weight by less than 4 days, i.e., will still lose a small amount for the week.

You're right: No big deal.

You're right: You're on a good track.

Just keep heading in a generally positive direction, persistently, and you'll get there.

Best wishes!