Rapid weight loss

At a point when i had got pretty squishy 3 weeks ago i started out prepping for a 2.5 week hike which i just completed. I'm a bit lazy about carrying and eating food so was probably averaging 1200-1400 kcal/day. Low, but not super low. Imagine my surprise when i stood on the scales 20lbs down from 3 weeks ago (my BMI was 24, its now 21). Jeans that i could only just squeeze into and would never wear out of the house are roomy! Anyways i'm super delighted at what i see on the scale but my energy is feeling low. How do i recoup without regain? Any advice/suggestions? In the long term i'd like to loose 10 more pounds but priority now is stability.

Replies

• lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    In 2011, I lost 16 lbs in a 12 days hike. I was 20 and was backpacking for 2 years and did some cost cutting by eating one meal a day that time. I lost a lot of hair and looked scrawny and sickly. Thankfully everything got back to normal once I came back and ate in smaller surplus and made sure I was taking in enough protein and fat for the following months.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    You have lost lean muscle, and you need to get it back before you worry about losing any more weight. Muscle burns more calories, so losing it means you will not burn as much and will make it actually harder to lose now. Lots of protein, etc., as @kimny72 said. I hope you had a great time on that hike, and good luck getting back into a healthier state now that the endurance challenge is over.
  • Lunaaaaa__1
    Lunaaaaa__1 Posts: 1 Member
    How many calories do i have to eat a day to lose weight im 65kg