New to life

Options
Been feeling really *kitten* in life the last year and just got out of a pretty bad relationship - lots emotional, mental and sexual manipulation/neglect/abuse, and I decided I wanted to make a change for myself. I wanted to learn to love who I am as a person and to work towards seeing on the outside what I feel like on the inside.

I have been working for the last going on two weeks to be more active. Actively going for 1-3 km walks at least once a week, and doing a very beginner low intensity standing workout through a youtube channel that I thought would do me rather well considering I have some joint issues.

I have been using Body Perfect's 30 Minute Fat Burning Workout for Beginners. I am slowly seeing progress. On the very first day, I was bent over twice having a reaction thanks to the fact I used to have chronic Bronchitis. I have been getting slowly stronger as the days go by and I am able to do the entire work out almost two weeks in without having to "take an extra cheeky break" as I did at the beginning.

I came back to using Myfitnesspal because I know that if I really want to get the best chance to improve my life and make a life change I need to also be focusing on my food and now that I am in a position to actually eat again (money troubles due to the ex,) and I can eat more than living off of a 2.3 ltr bottle of protein water as my only food as I had been doing part of last month I can actually start doing things properly.

I'm hoping to start writing a little bit about my progress as I go along and I hope to see a lot of change as I do so.

I'm about five feet eleven inches tall and I'm over three hundred pounds so I do have a lot of slimming down to do before I begin building myself up to be a more healthy muscle base.

-Kai

Replies

• rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your journey has been an incredible one!! It also sounds like you’re heading down a great path!
    This is a pretty amazing community! Feel free to reach out and/or add me if you want. 🥰
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking charge of your life. As a therapist I always tel my patients that they have to make the decision to do better for them before anything will work. Relationships are hard and they help to determine our self-worth. Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me and chat if you want! This journey is easier with others!
  • KaizerCampbell
    KaizerCampbell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your journey has been an incredible one!! It also sounds like you’re heading down a great path!
    This is a pretty amazing community! Feel free to reach out and/or add me if you want. 🥰

Thank you so much! Definitely working towards that great path! I'm definitely going to hit you up! Always looking to find like-minded people and we can help cheer each other on as we go along!
  • KaizerCampbell
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Good for you for taking charge of your life. As a therapist I always tel my patients that they have to make the decision to do better for them before anything will work. Relationships are hard and they help to determine our self-worth. Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me and chat if you want! This journey is easier with others!

Thank you so much! I will definitely add you! I am so grateful for the words of encouragement!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..... So happy to hear that you are taking charge of your life .... So sorry to hear about what you have gone through.... but like the song from Kelly Clarkson... what doesn't kill you ..makes you stronger .....Hope you have great success on your journey ...Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • KaizerCampbell
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..... So happy to hear that you are taking charge of your life .... So sorry to hear about what you have gone through.... but like the song from Kelly Clarkson... what doesn't kill you ..makes you stronger .....Hope you have great success on your journey ...Feel free to add me if you would like :)

I absolutely agree and love that song - I have a lot of Kelly Clarkson on my work out playlist! Thank you so much for the well wishes on my journey and I would love to add you!