Reversing the trend

cpnknight
cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
Okay chaps, here comes the sob story....lol.
Everything was fine, even though I had an artificial hip, I had three jobs and was always active and working. It didn't seem to matter how much I ate because my work rate just burnt it off.
However...... Then the arthritis really kicked in. I had been working through the pain for many years with the help of medication but things suddenly took a turn for the worse. On top of this I had to have my hip replaced again.
This combination meant that I couldn't keep my jobs of white goods delivery during the week and as a doorman on weekends.
Unfortunately this is where my weight issues really started to get out of hand. Although I was no longer holding down three jobs, my appetite remained.
I was still eating, and thoroughly enjoying, the same quantities of food as I did when I was working.
As you can,no doubt, imagine my weight started to increase rapidly.
I went from 15 stone to 20 within two years. Since then I have been battling the flab half heartedly and losing.
Then four days ago I again stepped on the scales....25stone 3lbs! (353lbs)

Now the more positive bit.
I knew this had to be turned around and there is only one person who can do the job.
My ultimate goal is to get down to just under 16 stone (220lbs), this will be a massive challenge and is very daunting.
So to reduce the challenge into more realistic portions I am setting my goals to, more reasonable, 10lb chunks.
After each 10lb milestone I shall give myself a little reward.
There is no time limit set for this. It took years to put the weight on and it will take years to get it all off.
It looks like I am here for the long haul.....