Lost in Germany but not a stranger to MFP

Options
Eyo, It has been a while since I used MFP but I wanted to get back in it. I'm looking for inspo and a bit of fun. Not tinder kind of fun but just a bit of something that makes me excited while using the app. Be whoever you are, as long as you have the right mindset we good. :tongue:

My name is Evelina, I'm 25 and I've been living in Germany for 2 years now. If you wanna talk, we can do it in English and Swedish but if you can help me out with practicing german I'm down for that as well (heads up, honestly quite bad at it )

My goals:
- to eat healthier (less Redbull, not eat all of the days' meal in one lunch)
- Getting back to the gym (strength training, gym 3x per week)
- start using my bike and walk more
- not get out of breath after like 5 minutes of playing tag with the kids I work with

So if you find me interesting, send a message or post here. Gotta say tho, if you answer here you might find more people to add. :smiley:

vuh1pbr6aleo.jpg

Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Evelina,

Welcome back and nice to meet you. I've also recently restarted coming back onto MFP after a long stint away. It is inspiring that you are bilingual! I have a lot of admiration for people who know more than one language. English is my primary language but over lockdown I have started to learn Dutch (which I find has similarities to German), I wish I could help with German but I have no idea apart from a few words here and there I'm afraid. If I could go back to my younger self I'd try and intergrate language more into my life.. back then it wasn't a priority over creative subjects and to be honest I think I'd still make the same choice now. I was planning to visit Sweden for the first time this year but with the whole virus situation I'm uncertain on where that stands. Oh I love biking too, are you a road, mountain biker or a mixture? :)

Best wishes on your journey.
  • anileve552
    anileve552 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi mszoueb!

Thank you and welcome back to you too! I started to learn English when I was younger so I kinda forgot the feeling of needing to learn a new language. A feeling that really hit me now when I'm learning German. :sweat_smile:
    Eeeey look at you go with the Dutch! Probably a lot of similiarties, I notice the same between German and Swedish.
    And I feel that, language is sucha important thing. Creative subjects are a big thing as well. Kids gotta have ways to express their feelings and thoughts. What kind of creative things are you into? :smile:

Well that is a big topic, I'm going back to Sweden this Friday and I feel quite secure with it. depending on where you go afterwards you might end up in quarantine for 2 weeks. Since the cases of infected (Zombie alert :warning:) has dropped, im thinking that Germany will say that no quarantine is needed after the 15th.

Oh I'm that kind of biker that just hopes to get from point a to point b asap without injuries. :lol: you sound really into biking tho, what kind of biking do you do? :smile:

• dts_90
    dts_90 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Guten morgen Evelina und willkommen!

That's pretty much the extent of my German, althogh I can order a Bratty and Beer, but that's no good here. :joy:

Good to see you on the forums, you've set out some decent targets too which are wholly achieveable, but will make a huge impact - you've got this! :+1:

• anileve552
    Options
    Guteeen moooorgen dts_90!
    Haha, sucha an amazing welcoming. :joy:

Yeah, my thought is to break them down into weekly and monthly goals to have a better track of them, I think what really worked for me last time was clear goals that I could measure, like weight but I don't want that to be my main focus this time.

Thank you, have a great day :smiley:
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    anileve552 wrote: »
    Hi mszoueb!

Thank you and welcome back to you too! I started to learn English when I was younger so I kinda forgot the feeling of needing to learn a new language. A feeling that really hit me now when I'm learning German. :sweat_smile:
    Eeeey look at you go with the Dutch! Probably a lot of similiarties, I notice the same between German and Swedish.
    And I feel that, language is sucha important thing. Creative subjects are a big thing as well. Kids gotta have ways to express their feelings and thoughts. What kind of creative things are you into? :smile:

Well that is a big topic, I'm going back to Sweden this Friday and I feel quite secure with it. depending on where you go afterwards you might end up in quarantine for 2 weeks. Since the cases of infected (Zombie alert :warning:) has dropped, im thinking that Germany will say that no quarantine is needed after the 15th.

Oh I'm that kind of biker that just hopes to get from point a to point b asap without injuries. :lol: you sound really into biking tho, what kind of biking do you do? :smile:

Thank you for your reply, I'm going to direct message you back instead - just being conscious that back and forth conversation could clog up the thread of everyone else's hello's!. Speak in a bit :)
  • Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy I am an American living in Norway! God middag!
  • anileve552
    Options
    Hi and God kväll på dig catless!
    I hope you enjoy it there! It's a beautiful country 😊