living the best life you can

Options
From jan-march I lost 20 pounds
I went from 152 to 132 ( i am 5'7 inches tall)

I have been maintaining for the past 3 months but have really been trying to get to my ultimate weight of 126 pounds.

I walk 10 plus miles a day and I swim and bikeride at least 2 times a week and I dance as well.

I am currently eating about 3500/4000 calories a day and I am worried if I reduce my calories I wont have energy to work out.

I eat mostly plant based....

any advice?

I want to reach my goal weight but I dont want to feel listless.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    Knock off another 250 calories for half a pound a week loss, get good well-rounded nutrition (protein, healthy fats - assume your plant intake is covering micros and fiber already, but if not, that too), get enough sleep, hydrate well, manage all-source stress?

Slow loss can work. I've been doing it for a few months now, half a pound a week or less, without being listless. I don't walk as much as you do, but do exercise; and eat a good bit less than you do (presumably because of the walking difference?). I'm 5'5", now about 129, was in the upper 130s toward the end of 2019. (That, after being in maintenance at a healthy weight for 4+ years, after losing from 183 to there back in 2015).