my body feels bloated

Options
so i started working out this week, and i feel i guess bloated i have been running on my treadmil doing at least 2 miles and zumba for 40 minutes. any ideas whats going on?

Replies

• rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    water retention. If you just started working out, your muscles are storing it for their own use.
    It will reduce in time as you get stronger.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't know how often you exercised before or if you are fit. But if you just started out working out, your body maybe holds water in the muscles. I guess your body will get rid of it, when it starts to get used to the exercising.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't know how often you exercised before or if you are fit. But if you just started out working out, your body maybe holds water in the muscles. I guess your body will get rid of it, when it starts to get used to the exercising.

i usually work out very sparatically once a week, but my daughter is 10mths old and and i still have about 15 lbs to lose and have havent been very strict so (i know i have said it before) but this time for real. i did 40 minutes on the treadmil saturday and monday, tuesday 40 min zumba and today working out, im about 150, 5'3 so no not very fit. haha but time to buckle down.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Then you don't have to worry. Just keep it up and do what you are already doing. You will lose the water again.