Macros for reaching 10% body fat

Good day all.

I am looking for some advice on macro ratio on how to reach a body composition of 10% body fat.

I can see my abs and muscles definition but not like someone who is at 10% and I have been grinding hard, eating the same thing everyday, lifting in the morning, alternating from steady state cardio to HIIT every other day. Even taking a fat burner to see if it makes a difference, and I have been stuck at 195lb for almost 4 weeks.

My current macros are 270g protein, 35g fat and 100g carb.

I've done quite well on my own this far, considering I started at 240lb, but I must be missing something, I need to fine tune my macros I think and I have no idea where to start.

If anyone can lend some advice or has had this problem and found a way to over come it I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Do you use a food scale?
  • RobAS355
    RobAS355 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sorry, I had made a typo its 40g of fat. Not much of a difference but I figured I would throw it out there.

Yeah, maybe I do need a break, but this is me recovering from the gyms being closed because of the pandemic, I ate to maintain then and I did workout but not like I am now, I was up at 205lb, I would say getting to 195 had some water weight loss involved and some fat. I should also mention I do have a cheat meal once a week. This was suggested to me before to overcome a plateau and it did help and it's one the reason I think I have reached the weight I have. But is there a point when getting to these levels when you have to leave out the cheat meal?

I was thinking of lowering my protein macro but increasing the fat macro to keep the same amount of calories. Maybe I am burning more protein for energy and not fat.

And yes I use a food scale quiksylver296.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    When you say cheat meal how many calories are we talking about ?
  • RobAS355
    RobAS355 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2020
    I may go 500cal over maybe more but not much more, not exceeding 1000cal for sure. It's hard to tell. I am working a mine, food is made here for us. I eat healthy all week long by eating

Breakfast
    4 boiled eggs
    2 plain greek yogurt 2%
    150-200g of pineapple depending on what I get served
    And then 4 boiled skinless boneless chicken breast.

Lunch
    2 boiled chicken breast
    And about 100g of raw brocolli and cucumber, weight varies depending on what's been put in the bag.

Supper
    2 boiled chicken breast
    Serving of rice ( cant weigh the rice as it is served from behind the counter, but it is one big metal stirring spoon )

I cant weigh everything perfectly unfortunately, not like when I am home. But it is safe to say I eat +/- 50cal to what my goals are set on the app.

So to get to your question, on the seventh day I'll eat what I normally do, right up till supper and I'll have a small poutine, and fried chicken and two chocolate chip cookies. I have been weighing and tracking food everyday for more than a year now so I feel confident saying I dont go more than 500cal over my goals on a cheat meal. You're probably thinking I go crazy for a cheat "day" but it's just the one meal.

And my maintenance calories are 2300/day I am running at a 450cal deficit without exercise. So I do an hour of lifting and then for steady state cardio it's for an hour and HIIT is 20min maybe 30min depending on how I feel. I am probably running a 900cal deficit per day with exercise. That's 5400cal in a six day cycle, my cheat day would have to be a god damn greasy horror show to keep me spinning my wheels.