Fitbit manual exercise entries

Options
33gail33
33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
I had to switch from running to biking due to injury. I know that Fitbit can't track biking, but when I manually enter my biking time on my Fitbit HR it doesn't give me a calorie burn. So every morning I walk 2 km and it shows 200 calories, then I manually enter my 30 minutes biking and it shows my heart rate and everything but shows 0 calories.
Is this just the way it does it for manual entries? Should I just assume that it is tracking my overall calorie burn for the day - or is there a way to get the calories for a manually entered activity to show up?
Thanks - I have searched around and can't seem to find an answer for this.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What kind of Fitbit do you have? I have a Charge 2 and I don't think I have to manually track my stationary bike workouts.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What kind of Fitbit do you have? I have a Charge 2 and I don't think I have to manually track my stationary bike workouts.

Oh sorry it's a Alta HR. I know I have to manually track my stationary bike workouts, I enter the start and finish time, but the calories just some up as 0 and I don't see where you can change it.

Maybe I need to upgrade to a newer one.