2»

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    jacqQ2017 wrote: »
    and I've always got a high adjustment number

This could be because of HR detection... what is your Fitbit resting HR? Or it could just be that you actually DO do a lot!

Resting hr between 58-63bpm, depending on how tired I am (I study in the evenings, run around after kids in teh day). Today it's 62bpm.
    Absolutely not. In fact, I can't remember the last time I recorded a workout manually. If anything I go in and delete the occasional mis-detected cycling or running workout, only leaving the steps that were added to contribute to calories (as opposed to taking the HR info and activity multiplier into account as an formally recorded exercise tends to do).

Good to know.
    Re; the sheet. You can glean the same information by using cumulative stats instead of logging every single day. You would need to go through MFP to record calories in, through Fitbit to get calories out. And, may I suggest, trendweight to look at your weight trend.... you should be comparing 4-6 week time periods that include a complete hormonal cycle in order to account for water weight variations because of such.

The sheet looks good. I've registered with trendweight and hopefully can get some good data over the next few weeks. I don't like the guessing element in all of this; I like to make decisions based on good data :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    12,609 steps is into MFPs very active zone (absent you using a Fitbit).

If your Cals to midnight on Fitbit are well above what MFP's very active calories would have been, then it would be an indication of concern about the accuracy.

5000-- you're into lightly active
    8000 -- just about the limit of lightly active
    12000 -- just about the limit of active
    16000 -- just about the limit of very active

Your food logging accuracy, water retention, propensity to track with the mean all play as big or bigger of a role into how "apparently" accurate your fitbit is.

Are you using a weight trend app for your weight and comparing similar points of your monthly cycle and taking into account at least 4-6 weeks at a time?
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Up until today I was not using a weight trend app, only looking at graphs provided by my wifi scales (not withings, not fitbit but shows data over long time periods)

My MFP activity level is set to sedentary because yesterday I racked up 16k steps, today it's 12k, and the weekend tends to be less (maybe 8k) because I end up working all day when I have my husband to look after the kids. I figured it would be better to have bigger adjustments in the week than suddenly trying to eat less at the weekends. Most days I've eaten under. Today I have 734 cals left to 'net 1440, but if this were accurate I'd be losing a significant amount of weight each week, and I'm not, so something is up somewhere.
    If your Cals to midnight on Fitbit are well above what MFP's very active calories would have been, then it would be an indication of concern about the accuracy.

How can I see what MFP's very active calorie estimate is?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Trial and error by changing settings but it doesn't matter.

Sounds like your estimates are out of whack with weight trend results more so than as to their absolute value.

Which is ok because you can adjust based on results as long as your logging in/out is consistent. You only need consistency, not accuracy to achieve results (of course absolute accuracy also means absolute consistency, but it is not necessary)