Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Snappy Answers to Silly Comments

Options
Sand_TIger
Sand_TIger Posts: 1,074 Member
I was inspired by the "things people say when you lose weight" thread and realized how many of those comments people get would be really fun to respond to. So I figured I'd do a thread about all the things we'd LIKE to say when people say silly stuff to us, whether we ever intend to say those things or not. I do intend to keep things on the funny/silly side, not mean. :)

I'll get it started.

(After trying to tempt someone with food) "Hey, live a little!"

"Do you have any idea how amazing I feel right now? I AM living!"

---

"If you turn sideways you'll be invisible!"

"It's really handy for crowded buses."

---

"You've lost enough weight right now. Time to stop."

(Checks watch) "Nope, not time yet."

---

(After losing fifty pounds or more so it's really obvious) "Have you lost weight?"

"Nope. Gained twenty pounds." Or "Lost wait? Whaaaat? Really?" This helps if you've also bought an entirely new wardrobe.

---

"Looks like you lost weight. What's your secret?"

"Butter."

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I used to be a receptionist and when I was obese I’d get asked by the public nearly every single day “When are you due?” or “How old is your baby?” when my only child was 18 YEARS old! I have since lost and kept off the weight but I later found this pic online and wish I had it back then so I could say to them “Thank you so much for assuming I’m pregnant! I thought you’d never ask! Let me show you my ultrasound picture... “
    bdfzyp6hpg7e.jpeg
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    That's amazing! I love it. I haven't gotten the "are you pregnant" remark even though I used to look it, and now I just look like I was but am postpartum, but that would be truly hilarious to print out and carry around.