5 Months In...No Weight Loss?

Options
rachaelzel
rachaelzel Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone. I am 19 y/o with CW 130 and GW 115. Since I entered college last year, I have gained 20 pounds (I had maintained my weight at ~110 for 3 years prior to 2020) and I started trying to lose the pounds in March. However, my weight has not changed at all, and I haven't lost any inches either.

I initially started doing OMAD and resistance training and fell to 120. However, I upped my calories after one and a half months on that diet, as my period was incredibly late due to the shift in eating pattern, and I regained to 125. Afterwards, I added more cardio into my routine while eating 2-3 meals a day. I ran anywhere from 2-4 miles every day for 2 months, and my weight bounced to 130.

I only drink water (and a lot of it) and will have a bit of ice cream once every 3 weeks. I carefully weigh and count my calories, and RARELY go over 1200. A lot of days I will eat even less. For example, today all I ate was cereal, one turkey sandwich, and half an avocado. I fast for 18 hours almost every day as well.

I'm seriously demotivated. I look the same as I did 5 months ago, and my body just refuses to lose these extra pounds of fat no matter how much diet and exercise I do. When I lower calories, my body plateaus. When I increase, I gain weight. The scale just continues to go up no matter what I do. Any advice?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • rachaelzel
    Options
    I am 5'4.
  • rachaelzel
    Options
    I do. However there are some days I take the liberty not to because I am positive I am eating below 1200. For example, yesterday if I just ate 2 eggs, a small sandwich, and an apple I don't see the point of logging it because intuitively I know I am eating at a deficit.
  • rachaelzel
    Options
    Ok, I will try eating a little bit more. I am just concerned because the last time I tried raising my calories after dieting, I just gained weight.

I guess what I'm really confused about is why I haven't lost any weight eating at less than 1200.
  • rachaelzel
    Options
    I don't think that's the issue...I already weigh and measure my food.
    For example, today I ate a small bowl of cereal with almond milk, a small sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and sliced turkey, and exactly half an avocado. There is no way that measures to more than 1200 calories.
  • rachaelzel
    Options
    Yes
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you are 100% sure that you are eating at a deficit, check a doctor. The lack of period is concerning as well as your eating habits. It simply is not sustainable.