8/16 intermittent fasting

Options
Anybody else out there doing 8/16 fasting? I started a week and a half ago and I am in love. My old food schedule was a mess. I had coffee in the morning and didn't eat again until dinner. Bedtime was my binge session. I have no idea why I had no appetite during the day but it obviously left me starving before bed, not to metion was horrible for my metabolism. Now I eat breakfast at 9am, snack 11am, lunch 1pm, snack 3pm, and dinner at 5pm. Its the structure I never knew I needed. It has been the most important tool so far for me. Even with my last meal at 5 I can be up until 10 and still not be craving anything. I know I just started but I feel so much better. Any advice out there about this fasting schedule? Or anybody who wants to motivate me more with their success story? Thanks!!

Replies

• dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello... 68 yo female here....
    I have black coffee on waking, breakfast at 10 am, lunch 1 ish and main meal at 4pm.
    Kitchen all cleaned up by 5pm.
    Big pot of black tea during evening.....
    No snacks, no treats..... this WORKS! If they are not in the house, I cant eat them!
    As I am in lockdown, I cant have visitors, or go anywhere except food shopping and a local walk.
    Stay safe, stay home....
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    IF has helped me so much with curbing night binges! I’m never really hungry in the mornings so it’s easy for me to skip breakfast. Having an eating window of 16/8 or 18/6 has helped my digestion and helped me in BED recovery so much !
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF for over a year and love it! Not only does IF give me so much more control over my eating I also love the health benefits that I am getting from intermittent fasting. My skin has never looked so good! :grin I recommend anyone interested in IF to read Gin Stephen's book, "Fast, Feast, Repeat." and listen to her podcasts Intermittent Fasting Stories. I will do IF forever! <3
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since 2016 and intermittently (ha ha!) before that since 2013. It's just a way of life, now. Over the years has helped me lose, and keep off, 77lb. For me what works is not to start eating until about 2pm and make sure dinner (we tend to eat late) is over by 10pm. That means I exercise fasted, but that works better for me too. In fact that's why I started - because I noticed if I happened not to eat breakfast my exercise sessions were way more energetic and productive than if I had.
  • MamaOne13
    MamaOne13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started IF like 4 days ago haha. But I'm doing a milder version 14 hours of fasting/10 hour window for eating. So I have breakfast at 10 and am done for the day at 8. I want to eventually switch to 16/8 but I'm also breastfeeding and there's controversy as to whether or not it can affect supply so I'm taking it week by week. Already lost a lb though!
    My body is still adjusting to not eating late at night like I was before but hoping to calm the cravings and lose the last bit of the baby weight!