War with myself

Options
I am feeling that I am in a war with myself, I have lost so far 30kg I am feeling batter on all aspects however I am getting board from daily exercise but I bush myself in other words forcing myself to exercise because I know this is the only way I will lose weight also some time I feel tired but once I start my exercise after the first round I get motivated to finish the rest of the rounds.

I work out 20 rounds of walking each round is 250 m to complete 5km time taking is 55 to 60 min 5 times a week this help me reduce 30kg in 5 months this is 6kg per month.

I hope I am up to the challenge and I can reach my goal of 70kg from 144.6kg this is almost losing 51% of my body weight.

accordingly losing 30kg is around 40% successes rate in my goal.

Thanks to all people who has motivated me in this journey I feel proud of my achievement so far and wish that I can be up to the challenge.

Special thanks to my wife without her help I will not be at this success rate she really mean everything to me although she is a fit from BMI prospective however he insist to join me every night during my workout to motive me and to join me in the last 4 rounds which mean a lot to me thank you for your support.

Replies

• mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Eat less, eat better, move more.
  • HaniTammam
    HaniTammam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support I am counting my intake I am keeping it below 1500 calorie using Fitness pal along with exercising 5 days a week creating a deficit of 700 calorie a day however everyday on the afternoon I will not be able to keep my self from eating peanuts or watermelon or mango and recently I am experiencing a slow weight reduction I am used to 6 kg a month it is now 4 kg a month I did not change any thing but the progress is painful and slow
  • HaniTammam
    Options
    Thank you all this was very helpful thanks again
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    To help keep your walks from getting boring I suggest walking different places, listening to music or an interesting book, or getting someone to walk with you. Those are mix and match suggestions. I personally do all of them.

It also helps to have a purpose beyond weight loss and feeling better. Those are good goals but if they worked well no one would struggle to change their habits. I think having something a little more meaningful or even more selfish helps. The latter sounds like a negative but excess food pleasure and staying on the couch are personal things so replacing them with a personal pleasure goal makes sense.

As mentioned you only need a calorie deficit to lose weight. Exercise is important to improve fitness.
  • HaniTammam
    Options
    Hi all thank you for the support My journey is still on I have lost so far 42 kg I feel amazing My daily exercise increased from 5 km to 6 km I start Cooking all my food I love thai food and it tastes so good you need to try it once all the best to you all
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Happy for your success so far and hope it continues. The advice above is point on. You may have to change things a bit as you go on. This is a normal evolvement. Sounds like you have great support in your wife.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was on the same boat as you. I thought that without exercise weight loss was impossible. I pushed it so hard that I got hurt and regain weight because I was not focused on changing my diet after I lost the weight. I always fitted junk food in my calorie goals and I was crash dieting since I lacked the knowledge on how to lose weight safely in a healthy way. The truth is that weight loss happens in the kitchen and fitness happens in the the gym. They both compliment each other but in the end your diet is the best thing you can do to aid in weight loss. I struck a good balance in my meal plans and exercises that I genuinely enjoy exercising because I know that my diet is under control and that is something I've never been able to say. I've lost 68 pounds so far with another 20 or 30 to go. As I progress I'm becoming even more focused while feeling both physically and mentally stronger than ever.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, you are looking very healthy!
  • HaniTammam
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the support
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @HaniTammam you're looking fantastic, what great progress you've made.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Good work.
  • HaniTammam
    Options
    Thanks you all for the grate support and have a nice day ahead
  • HaniTammam
    Options
    p0di12swped3.jpg