AUGUST REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

Options
SallyLuvsFitness
SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
edited July 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
WE ARE THE WARRIORS!!
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR AUGUST!
SUNDAY, JULY 19, 2020 through SATURDAY AUGUST 1, 2020.
s3e0crx8m53t.png
OUR CURRENT”LONG AXX WALK/RUN 560 IS NOW TAKING PLACE!”
OUR CHALLENGE IS FROM DENVER, COLORADO TO OMAHA, NEBRASKA!! 560 MILES!! WE COMBINE EVERYONE’S INDIVIDUAL STEPS FOR THE WEEK TO SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO AS A TEAM!!
GET YOUR TOES WET AND JOIN IN!!

Check our TEAM website on MFP - WE OFFER ALOT MORE THAN A STEP CHALLENGE :
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134959-we-are-the-warriors
WE ARE AN ONGOING WEIGHT-LOSS GROUP (If you have no weight to lose, no problem, we will add you to the cheer squad! You can still join!):
Simply post below with the following information ON this thread and we will register YOU:

MFP USER NAME
YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY
YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT
STEP GOAL:

WHO WE ARE:
Our group was founded by Sally @Fitness327wk AND Sue @shbarbor IN JANUARY 2O2O. We added an awesome Captain this past month who also is a Tre-Athlete Dave @Djproulx and he will share his experiences and advice on fitness and exercise. Our vision is to help members lose weight, increase fitness, and gain confidence.
WHAT WE DO:
The group is one team We conduct themed challenges throughout the month to help
grow, inspire, and maintain motivation. We weigh-in and report weekly to gauge our success.

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    EXAMPLE:

I want to join!

MFP User Name: Fitness327wk
    Weigh-IN Day: Friday
    Current Weight:
    Step Goal: 10,000

Done ✅
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic group of supportive folks that will provide encouragement & accountability on your weight loss journey! Please join us! ❤️
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    NEED AN EXTRA FITNESS PUSH? OR WANT TO SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE WHO ALSO CARE ABOUT THEIR FITNESS GOALS? OR A NEWBIE IN THE FITNESS AREA? WE HAVE YOU COVERED WHEREVER YOU ARE AT!!!
    JOIN US AND GET STARTED!!
    WARRIOR LONG Axx 560”
    cort8sqquhsk.jpeg

YOU DON’T HAVE TO JOIN THE BELOW STEP CHALLENGE, IF YOU DON’T WANT, HOWEVER, YOU CAN STILL BE A WARRIOR!! REGISTER BELOW!

Weigh-IN Day: Friday
    Current Weight:

👟 👟 STEPPERS 👟 👟
    WE ARE GOING TO HAVE OUR FIRST EVER “WARRIOR LONG Axx 560”!!
    WE WILL COMBINE EVERYONE’S INDIVIDUAL STEPS FOR THE WEEK TO SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO AS A TEAM!!

OUR FIRST LONG WALK/RUN CHALLENGE WILL START THIS SUNDAY! OUR FIRST CHALLENGE IS FROM DENVER, COLORADO TO OMAHA, NEBRASKA!! 560 MILES!!

OUR RACE STARTS TOMORROW FROM BEAUTIFUL DENVER, COLORADO!! WE HAVE 560 MILES TO GO TO OMAHA, NEBRASKA!

4vdw5wdu93x4.jpeg

Tomorrow we have 80 miles to step (walking/running) to accomplish as a team to stay on track!!! Our first stop after our approximate 80 miles will be Briggsdale, CO! POPULATION 809! 🤩

History[edit]
    The town of Briggsdale was established in 1909.[1] The town was named for Frank N. Briggs, a farmer and one of the founders.[1] The Briggsdale Post Office opened on August 1, 1910.[4]

alfof4o7w5f6.jpeg

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE STEP TEAM, COME ON OVER AND JOIN US!
    If you track your steps on a daily basis with a step tracker, you post your results on a daily basis. If its easier to post your total steps on a weekly basis, that works as well. All RESULTS need to be posted by SUNDAY MIDNIGHT EST. Individual results/winners will be announced every Monday!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804094/week-4-july-step-challenge-7-19-7-25-first-ever-warrior-long-axx-560-walk-run#latest
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    How do you count your steps if you don't have a counter? I do walking/marching workouts, run outside, and step routines. How can I translate these workouts into steps?
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited July 2020
    Options
    How do you count your steps if you don't have a counter? I do walking/marching workouts, run outside, and step routines. How can I translate these workouts into steps?

You can still join our team! Do you feel like you could provide an average number of steps, since you don’t have a counter? Guesstimate?

If you don’t feel Iike you can, we also offer many other challenges, etc! Check out our team website.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134959-we-are-the-warriors

We would love to have you join our team!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Do you need that extra Fitness push and motivation to GET MOVING? JOIN US! If the step challenge has no interest to you, we offer so much more! One of our Captains is a Triathlete and offers wonderful advise from the beginner to expert! We offer a place for everyone. We are a primarily weight-loss group. If you have no weight to lose, no problem, you can still be part of our team and join our challenges - no weigh-ins - Cheer Squad!

WARRIOR LONG Axx 560!
    VIRTUAL WALK/RUN from Denver, Colorado to Omaha, Nebraska!
    STEP CHALLENGE!

Since Sunday we have stepped over 158,540 steps or 80 miles! We will take a rest stop 🛑 “virtually” this evening in STERLING, CO!

WE WILL COMBINE EVERYONE’S INDIVIDUAL STEPS FOR THE WEEK TO SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO AS A TEAM!!

Since Sunday we have stepped over 158,540 steps or 80 miles! We will take a rest stop 🛑 “virtually” this evening in STERLING, CO!
    [/haeb8bazy3le.jpeg
    adn508ru34qg.jpeg

Our final destination in Omaha, Nebraska at Lake Manawa!
    e0jwbdovo0ni.jpeg

https://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go/State-Parks/Iowa-State-Parks/ParkDetails/parkid/610144

TO GET STARTED, POST YOUR INFORMATION BELOW AND WE WILL GET YOU REGISTERED AND MOVING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT STEPS TO ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS![/center]

YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO BE HEALTHY AND FEEL GOOD FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

IF you don’t have a step tracker and interested to see how many steps you are going each day, check out the below!

Buyer’s guide: The Best Pedometers To Buy in 2020 (All price ranges and activity levels!)
    https://healthcareweekly.com/best-pedometer-this-year/

On Amazon - a few different opinions for you as well!

5x9p6jkd00zo.png
    bz0dbkd4tt5k.png
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    EXAMPLE - I want to join!

Weigh-IN Day: Friday (N/A - IF YOU ARE ON THE CHEER SQUAD - NO WEIGH-INS)
    Current Weight: YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT OR I WANT TO BE ON THE CHEER SQUAD
    Step Goal: YOUR STEP GOAL OR AT THIS TIME I DON’T WANT TO BE ON THE STEP TEAM
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited July 2020
    Options
    bi9ejaj33797.jpeg

What are your fitness goals?

We love talking/sharing ABOUT our fitness! If you are just starting off or an avid athlete, we have a place for EVERYONE!

How to join?
    To register with us, please provide the following and we will get you started with us:
    Weigh-IN Day: Friday (N/A - IF YOU ARE ON THE CHEER SQUAD - NO WEIGH-INS)
    Current Weight: YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT OR I WANT TO BE ON THE CHEER SQUAD
    Step Goal: YOUR STEP GOAL OR AT THIS TIME I DON’T WANT TO BE ON THE STEP TEAM

If you are looking to lose weight, we are also an ongoing weight loss support group.

We offer several different challenges, including:
    - Weekly Weight Loss Challenge (BLUE vs Red Teams)
    - Step Challenge (We are on a “virtual” race this week from Denver to Omaha!
    - Monthly Team Challenges and MORE!