If you'd have known, it was the last time 🤔

Options
Finishiitnow
Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
To see that person you loved, to give a kiss, to be able to run, to be able to visit that fantastic place....
I wish I could see that person again and ask him not to go overseas without me. But the fear to the unknown stopped me.
Sometimes you just have 1 last chance.
What is your story?

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I would have liked to have snuck my bff out of her house to go to our mutual friend's bday party. Maybe if she'd been with us we wouldn't have had her funeral seven days later.

There's a story, lets hear it.
  • J_NY_Z
    Options
    "I hate her mother, I can't help it, and I no longer feel guilty for it."

Good, you shouldn't feel guilty. Her mother most likely contributed to her death and there is no harm in pointing that out. I too had a friend in HS that committed suicide and I didn't know how to process it. I'm sure you were a great friend to her and she knew that.
  • J_NY_Z
    Options
    Thank you @asthesoapturns
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Lots of missed lasts in my life, as well, but I am sorry for all your hurts and the pain you've all felt. :( Life is incredibly difficult and impossible to understand sometimes. :(
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    I probably wouldn’t have begged him not to die so much. I was a kid and I didn’t understand it wasn’t like the flu and he couldn’t just get better.

This breaks my heart đź’”. Nice note!!! Thanks for sharing
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Lots of missed lasts in my life, as well, but I am sorry for all your hurts and the pain you've all felt. :( Life is incredibly difficult and impossible to understand sometimes. :(

I strongly agree with you!
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    I would have liked to have snuck my bff out of her house to go to our mutual friend's bday party. Maybe if she'd been with us we wouldn't have had her funeral seven days later.

There's a story, lets hear it.

She committed suicide while the bday party was underway. Long story short her mother became a JW and grounded her from everything, including school, for going to a bday party a couple of months earlier because it was now against her mom's religion. She isolated my friend for two months, blocked her from her support network, as she struggled with suicidal thoughts. Teachers were fighting to get her back in school. We were all hoping in the New Year it would happen. But she died a little over a week before Christmas while all her friends, myself included, were bowling. The funeral ended up being on the actual birthday of the friend who's party she missed. And the congregation spend the time trying convert a room full of devastated teenagers to their religion.

I hate her mother, I can't help it, and I no longer feel guilty for it. When she tricked me into going to a JW service that she told me was a memorial to my friend I cut her off. I lost what patience or sympathy I had then. And in my defence I was also a traumatized teenager.

It's been a long time. She's been dead almost 20yrs but it still stings that we couldn't do anything to save her.

:-(
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    I would have spent the night looking at her eyes until she would have close them for ever.
    Instead I just told her, you will be fine I will see you tomorrow... I saw her the day after but she didn't see me back again.
    Life goes fast and some times we take wrong decisions that will mark our hearts for ever.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Original and good thread topic OP
    ...I saw the title and couldn't even check it out for a few days

Now I type and delete...

If I had of known it was the last time I'd see my grandparents alive (all of them) I would have told them I loved them, and hugged them (I'm not a hugger!) in a casual way, like "I love you, see you soon"
    ...but I'm a thinker and not a talker/doer often with my thoughts
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Original and good thread topic OP
    ...I saw the title and couldn't even check it out for a few days

Now I type and delete...

If I had of known it was the last time I'd see my grandparents alive (all of them) I would have told them I loved them, and hugged them (I'm not a hugger!) in a casual way, like "I love you, see you soon"
    ...but I'm a thinker and not a talker/doer often with my thoughts

I am a talker but I didn't give even 5 minutes of my time to thank her for all the beautiful things she did for me.
    Maybe I was too young or maybe I was so selfish...not sure but I just left her even though she told me " I love you" with tons of efforts.
    I will always regret it
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Instead of being scared I wish I'd spent one good night with my boyfriend after he'd told me he loved me before he was killed in a car accident.
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    Instead of being scared I wish I'd spent one good night with my boyfriend after he'd told me he loved me before he was killed in a car accident.

OMG! Tons of hugs 4 u
  • Finishiitnow
    Options
    Seeing this topic just hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't even answer, because to even think about it hurts so damn much. It always comes back to that empty pit feeling and the physical pain in feeling in my chest right now. I'm bawling like a baby right now and I'm tired of feeling like this. I got to tell her goodbye. I doubt she heard me, but it was comforting to hold her hand one last time while it was still warm. I did tell her i loved her the last time I talked to her because I always did. If I'd have known it was the last time, I guess I'd never let her go. When I feel like I feel right now, in this moment I'm writing this, I don't know how I survive. But I do. But right now. It's tough. If my family didn't need me, I'd probably be strung out somewhere. You don't know how bad I want to take something to make it all go away. I just hit 6 years and 6 months of sobriety and I have no *kitten* clue how. I guess I'm lucky in that regard. Ok. I'm done now. Back to life. Had to get that out.

While I was reading your story I felt like giving you a hug.
    You inspired me an some others to give ađź’ť in your post.