Hiking Friends

Options
GypsyHikerAngela
GypsyHikerAngela Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been on quite the adventure this year, hiking as much as I can. I also enjoy running, but not long distance anymore. I'm hoping to get into mountain biking as well soon. I'm sure I will get back in the gym once winter hits. Anyways I'm not trying to lose weight just stay fit, active, and healthy while losing a small amount of fat. I'd like to add some friends with same interests. Here's a couple pics from a couple hikes

Replies

• pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My hiking friend, my 7 mo. old Aussie cattle dog, Sunny. We hiked 4 miles Saturday morning, her first time since we recently adopted her, she did great... many more hikes/trail runs to come.4bf4j4i51ymy.jpg
  • GypsyHikerAngela
    GypsyHikerAngela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I guess my pictures didn't upload. I haven't used this app in years. I guess I'll figure it out lol. Your dog is gorgeous by the way.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I started out as a hiker / backpacker, then realized I could see more if I went faster... so I became a trail runner. Then got into the social events and goals with road racing. I don't get out on trails as much as I used to now and I do miss them.

Where all did you hike? I live in TN and not trying to go far... but depending on what races do or do not happen in Oct, I'm thinking of doing some backpacking and/or trail running on the Sheltowee Trace or in the Smokies.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I love hiking! I wish I did way more of it. Thankfully my city has a great ravine system so I try to explore that when I can’t get away to the mountains (about 4 hours away from me). Today I went on a bike ride and hopped off at the creek to stomp around a bit.

Sometimes my four legged furry friend joins me. (She’s just got the all clear for regular activity after tearing her ACL so her muscles aren’t quite as strong as before)

Pic from today’s mini adventure.r0njg5ygg8dj.jpeg
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am drooling over all these photos. We just got back from North Carolina last week, and the mountain hikes were amazing. Waterfalls and mountain overlooks are my favorite. Next stop will probably be Great Smoky Mountains National Park sometime in September or October. Anyone who wants a hiking buddy, feel free to add me! (I'm the brunette woman in the photo.)

nwd82nbmibq1.jpg