Cheat/treat days?

Options
13»

Replies

• KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I was also confused as to why... going over a little in calories or eating less and banking for weekends etc is being included in "cheat days" or "cheat meals"..

None of that is anywhere near the mindset of most peoples posts here, wondering why they arent losing weight, where the cheat meal is just a day of *kitten* it and eating what you wanna eat during the day or a specific meal with no real regard of a plan or concept that its wiping out their deficit.

I also didnt say not to discuss methods, however, it is important to point out that there is reasons why the rock can have a cheat day and why a typical person with a small deficit can not do the same without knowledge and planning.

There is also reasons why someone can have a meal and a couple beers and have it be somewhat doable, as apposed to someone who has less calories to work with daily and barely a deficit to lose the weight they wanna lose without some kind of plan or knowledge.

Those reasons need to be pointed out, and also, it needs to be said that you dont need a reward system to make it through a weight loss journey, you dont need to view that cake as a treat for working hard all week to stick to the foods allowed in the rest of your week.

Food is food. Cake (as an example of a typical "cheat" food) is still cake no matter if its a tuesday or a saturday, if you WANT a reward system, thats fine, however, cake needs to stop being viewed as a cheat food, for the people on here who might do better knowing their choices arent bad or good, its just their choices, and if they want the cake, then have the cake, log it, enjoy it, youre not cheating, youre just eating.

People need to know that someone elses method, such as the rock, has the caloric allowance to handle his cheat day choices, because he is male and has a ton of muscle, and has more body mass, he is burning significantly more calories then a 5 foot 3, 130lbs female, trying to lose her last 10lbs.

Things like "if its good enough for the rock, its good enough for me" and "i lose weight having a cheat meal once a week" offer the person no context as to why its working for them or the rock so that they can compare it to themselves and make a decision on if this method is worth it, or if maybe just eating food as food within the calorie goals they have would be better.

And if it turns out they do have a tiny deficit that could be wiped out with just having a *kitten* it day, they need to know that those foods people are throwing into the cheat day category are not cheats, they can still eat them regularly, as normal food.
  • LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was also confused as to why... going over a little in calories or eating less and banking for weekends etc is being included in "cheat days" or "cheat meals"..

None of that is anywhere near the mindset of most peoples posts here, wondering why they arent losing weight, where the cheat meal is just a day of *kitten* it and eating what you wanna eat during the day or a specific meal with no real regard of a plan or concept that its wiping out their deficit.

I also didnt say not to discuss methods, however, it is important to point out that there is reasons why the rock can have a cheat day and why a typical person with a small deficit can not do the same without knowledge and planning.

There is also reasons why someone can have a meal and a couple beers and have it be somewhat doable, as apposed to someone who has less calories to work with daily and barely a deficit to lose the weight they wanna lose without some kind of plan or knowledge.

Those reasons need to be pointed out, and also, it needs to be said that you dont need a reward system to make it through a weight loss journey, you dont need to view that cake as a treat for working hard all week to stick to the foods allowed in the rest of your week.

Food is food. Cake (as an example of a typical "cheat" food) is still cake no matter if its a tuesday or a saturday, if you WANT a reward system, thats fine, however, cake needs to stop being viewed as a cheat food, for the people on here who might do better knowing their choices arent bad or good, its just their choices, and if they want the cake, then have the cake, log it, enjoy it, youre not cheating, youre just eating.

People need to know that someone elses method, such as the rock, has the caloric allowance to handle his cheat day choices, because he is male and has a ton of muscle, and has more body mass, he is burning significantly more calories then a 5 foot 3, 130lbs female, trying to lose her last 10lbs.

Things like "if its good enough for the rock, its good enough for me" and "i lose weight having a cheat meal once a week" offer the person no context as to why its working for them or the rock so that they can compare it to themselves and make a decision on if this method is worth it, or if maybe just eating food as food within the calorie goals they have would be better.

And if it turns out they do have a tiny deficit that could be wiped out with just having a *kitten* it day, they need to know that those foods people are throwing into the cheat day category are not cheats, they can still eat them regularly, as normal food.

You are still going over my point. I was asked my experience and I made a jokey remark. I am not a nutritionalist and don't recommend that people follow my comment. My personal opinion is 'give it a go and see if it works for you' - There is no perfect way like you keep saying, there is only your way. Everyone is different and what works for one person might not work for another. You keep bunching people as a group and saying 'most people'. A plan that works for me may not work for you. I like to have friends on here, it works for me but not for you and that is fine.

Hope you have a good day
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me and don't like it. It feels unnatural, like being in diet prison then being let out only to be locked up again. I like eating whatever I want whenever I want in whatever quantities I want, but only when it feels worth it. The caveat is that it isn't always worth it because fitting in a high calorie meal takes planning and effort, but when I'm willing to put in the effort I certainly don't deprive myself. It feels more like normal eating this way instead of pre-planned temporary freedom.

If you mean foods one wouldn't normally associate with dieting, then I eat those whenever I want and most times it doesn't take much to fit them in. I've always eaten a single serving of ice cream, for example, so fitting that in even daily is a breeze if I felt like it. Sometimes I feel like it daily, sometimes I go weeks without because something else feels more appealing.