Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Joining the group

I would like to join this group. I am 45. I have been married for 24 years. We have 10 kids. 1 grandchild on the way too. I have dealt with depression all my married life. It surfaced after my 2 child was born. It made it difficult to bond well with my first born. I have really improved my distorted views on how ridged my life had to be. My problem now really is letting go of the guilt I feel for being too harsh in my parenting when my grown kids were young. My first born especially I wish I had a better relationship with. I don’t force the issue. I hope he will come around to forgiving me some day. The rest of it is just dealing with the hectic schedule we have. I have 2 girls in the 20’s . They live at home and are trying to go to school and work. They argue a lot with each other. Drama! I have 3 teen sons who share a room and they are pigs. It is hard to get them to pick up after themselves. Things break when they fight. I have 4 younger kids who I focus on the most. Not everyone has the same work, sleep, eat schedule. Kitchen is hard to clean when everyone does there own thing. Now dad and I are trying to eat healthier and lose weight. He has different views on that. They are not the same as what the experts say. All the stress just adds up and there are days I go over my calorie limit. I had a doctor, dietician and my therapist tell me that trying to use fitness pal will add to my stress. It has, but I don’t know how else to try to lose weight. So I keep trying.