HELP! Tired of being tired! Why can't I eat healthy?

I don't know what to say. I am so tired of being overweight and having food consume my thoughts every minute of the day. Now at the age of 40, I can't eat like I used to. It is having a toll on my health, energy, psyche...life. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Renee

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Shop produce in season. For example, watermelon, nectarines, mango, and corn are in season where I live. Better prices and quality! If I eat enough "healthy" or fruits and veg, I have less craving for the "bad" chips/cookies/candy. Make sure you prepare to be successful. Set a goal or schedule. Food prep. Exercise. Whatever it is that helps you be a better you.
  • kccotton
    kccotton Posts: 2 Member
    I know it may be tough ,but please hang in there. It’ll get better. I would suggest seeking a nutritionist and respectfully, I would also suggest seeking a professional to get to the root of the issue with food. Please stay hopeful and know that while the journey may be rough at times, you can handle it. Take it one day at a time.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I don't know what to say. I am so tired of being overweight and having food consume my thoughts every minute of the day. Now at the age of 40, I can't eat like I used to. It is having a toll on my health, energy, psyche...life. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Renee

Can you be more specific? What about how you eat is unhealthy?

If you want to lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit. The easiest way to ensure that is to log your food accurately and consistently. Are you doing that?

If you eat too little, it can make you tired and sad. How much weight do you have to lose, and how many lbs a week are you set to lose? How many calories are you eating and how big a deficit is that?

Are you exercising?

If you want to make healthier choices, I find making small incremental changes is much better than just drastically changing your diet all of a sudden. Pick one small change, and wait until you make it a habit before adding another.