I need a kidney and moral support to stay on track.

Options
Hi guys its been a while since ive been on here.
The first time i used this app back in 2013 i think.. I lost 70 pounds in 1 year.
I have gained much of that weight back to lack of eating right and working out.
I am now 25 years old and have been needing a kidney transplant since i was 17.
I don't like to tell people that because i don't want them feeling sorry for me.
But i need help.. I need help to get back on track with eating right and and working out.
I can't get my blood pressure under control and I'm hoping if i can lose weight again like i did before it will help my blood pressure go down and i can maybe get a transplant later on.
I need moral support.. If you know tricks or tips to stay on track please feel free to tell me.
I am now 196lbs and feel if i can get to 160lbs that would help me feel better and my blood pressure to go down.
Thank you and god bless.

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping you've spoken to your doctor about dieting and stuff and what is beneficial and not beneficial for you. Given your circumstances, I'd say its always worth asking before you start a new plan!

However in terms of keeping on track, could you write yourself daily goals like
    - Drink 8 cups of water
    - Stay within calorie allowance
    - Exercise

And see how you get on at achieving them. Your goals are big, but breaking them down into the day to day will soon add up to the big goal youre imagining.

I am sorry you need a transplant. Im 28 so I couldn't imagine being in your shoes right now. But you've got the right attitude!
    So good luck!

Remember to get doctors advice as well, just to make sure its safe for you healthwise.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You keep a food diary? If you can make a food diary the center of your plan, you will never be off track again.

It may seem like a lot of bother but it works. But lets talk about the bother. Just speaking for myself, when I was in my 20s there was no way I would do something like a food diary. But I didn’t have health issues. That may give you the needed focus.

A food diary is a set of things. A daily calorie deficit target, the number crunching, weighing and measuring food when possible to crunch the numbers, keeping the record itself and problem solving when you go over your number. This last part, the problem solving is important. A lot of folks throw up their hands and walk away when they go over their number. Some to return tomorrow but frequently not until next week or next month or months later. A lot of people never get back to it at all.

But by making a program centered on a food diary you’ve invented a process that is a thing in itself. Your job is to keep the process going. The weight loss is just a byproduct. Missteps and mistakes are just problems to address, not failure. The only way to fail is quit. Don’t quit. It you give this a try don’t forget there’s a significant learning curve. Expect to spend at least a month to get it up and running. And even after that you will keep encountering new situations that present challenges.

Maybe do some reading on habits. Once the steps in diary centered calorie counting become habits things get considerably easier. And again, it works. It has to work, its how our bodies are designed. Good luck.