Ladies 5'3"-5'5" who lost 15 or pounds, how did you do it?

Options
lisa725
lisa725 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I am 27 years old and I am at 138lbs now. When I started I was around 164. This was 2 years ago. I have slowly lost the weight but I am having the hardest time getting over the last ten. I am mainly having an issue with being able to push myself to run longer. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks.
Here are some of my before:
3625b5c4-5a0c-4ef3-a57c-2bc1fbeca661_zps1f06c6f8.jpg

b77c8c8d-ec2e-4574-b510-29106918871a_zpsb16f9282.jpg

And After:

c455e75b-1da4-4904-a2c0-1dda125ae240_zps792f3522.jpg

4e676138-e096-4953-b716-12fbda052100_zpse62cd91f.jpg

9207143c-0787-4b53-a204-2ed99c08548f_zpsee6abf5c.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• kimmie790
    Options
    your body is probably in plateau and used to running so I would recommend shocking your body a bit.
    Try High Intensity Training, 30 - 40 mins 3-4 times a week. That should help.
  • SillyDrusilla
    Options
    Hi,

First of all, congratulations on your success so far! Awesome difference.

I'm 5'3 1/2 and two months ago I was 135 pounds. Now I am 108! I cut out absolutely all and any junk food. I have been eating a whole foods diet (grains, vegetables, fruits, water, tea) and- oh, I just described it all! That's it. I'm taking in minimal fats, sugars, sodium and - heck - calories, but I feel wonderful and the choices are awesome for long term health. I've always been 'gifted' with the ability to eat the same meals for like 2 weeks or more without getting bored, lol, so my basic day is:

Breakfast: Black coffee
    Dinner: 1 cup (dry) rice, cooked. 1/4th cup of tomato puree (or something, whichever can says it's 100% natural and the ingredient is tomato pulp). A handful of red onion.
    Snack: (Rare, lately) a grapefruit, or a cup of tea (more frequent)
    Lots of water!
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WOW! awesome job! I'm 5'4 currently 142... I've lost 14 so far. I'm ding Jillian Micheals body revolution. I net 1200 cals a day. I do eat back my exercise calories so total I'm eating 1400-1600 depending on the day's workout. Are you just running? You could try adding some strength training.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kimmie790 and you should switch up your routine, NOT starve yourself. Add some resistance training, kettlebells or some heavy lifting in there. I'm stuck at the last ten as well but I've got 20 years on you! Vary your routine and increase the intensity but continue to fuel your body!
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my basic day is:

Dinner: 1 cup (dry) rice, cooked. 1/4th cup of tomato puree (or something, whichever can says it's 100% natural and the ingredient is tomato pulp). A handful of red onion.
    Lots of water!

Jeeeez I doubt you're even consuming 800 calories a day - This isn't recommended really
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ate a lot of clean foods.
    Lifted a lot of heavy weights.
    25-35 minutes of cardio.
  • SillyDrusilla
    Options
    my basic day is:

Lots of water!

Jeeeez I doubt you're even consuming 800 calories a day - This isn't recommended really

Are you a nutritionist? I'd be interested to add you to my friends list so we can have a discussion about making healthy choices and compare notes from my doctor, but away from this thread so this young lady can have her time without it being derailed. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!