What do you think of body recomp?

Options
Hello,
I am 20 days into my fitness journey. My main goal is to lose fat. I do hold quite a bit of fat on my upper body.
What do you think of this? Do you see results in this? Or is cutting and bulking phases better? Also, at what body fat percentage can you do a recomp? I am currently around 28% body fat and am a female, do you think doing a recomp is suitable for me at 28% body fat?
Pls advise me x

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've actually done both although I've recomped only very short term (6 months) and still saw results. It was really simple .. just made sure I maintained my weight over time, was consistent and progressive in the gym, got enough protein.

I would say if you are happy with your weight but want to lean out a little here and add a little there, are a beginner to intermediate lifter, and don't have advanced physique goals (ie. Stepping on a bodybuilding stage in the near future) and if you feel really hesitant to put on fat then recomp is a great solution.

I don't know your stats but if you still feel like you want to lose a bit but maintain the muscle you have you can run a small deficit, close to maintenance and eventually transition to recomp when you are closer to goal.