Recommendations for monitors please?!

Options
Hey all,

I'm trying to increase the amount of cardio I do and I'm keen to monitor it as accurately as possible.

My question is, how on earth do I find out what monitoring product to use?! Does anyone have any recommendations?

My criteria is pretty basic -
- Must integrate with mfp and/or its own iPhone app easily.
- Not be too costly. Budget is probably around $200AUD but I'd rather something cheaper.
- Ideally it would calculate heart rate, calories burned and if possible gps or at least distance for walks/jogs.
- And if it has a chest strap it needs to be quite generous. :blush:

Any advice would be very helpful! I don't want to fork out for something too hard to use or plain unsuitable for my needs.

Many thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper with a Bluetooth chest strap for monitoring my heart rate. RunKeeper is free and the heart rate monitor is about $70. RunKeeper is integrated with MFP.

http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/H7_heart_rate_sensor

The chest strap sits under your bust so it doesn't matter if you're an A or a DDD cup. It will hit you at the bottom of your sternum.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look into it :smile:

The chest strap sits under your bust so it doesn't matter if you're an A or a DDD cup. It will hit you at the bottom of your sternum.

I know, that's the bit I'm worried about lol
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look into it :smile:

I know, that's the bit I'm worried about lol