MFP app does not sync onto the web app (but no problem vice versa)

Options
runlikesnek
runlikesnek Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2020 in Getting Started
Hello!

I am experiencing major sync issues between my app (iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13.5.1) and the web version of MFP.

Yesterday I put in new meals into the app by scanning the labels, etc., saved the meals and tried putting them into my food diary for the next day. All worked fine in the app. However, when I logged into the web app, the two meals and the changes in the food diary were not visible. I consulted this old thread (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1433090/phone-app-and-website-not-syncing), which suggested that I should re-install the app on my phone. I did this today (after ca 14 hours of waiting for the potential sync to come through), and, contrary to what the advice in the thread suggested, the changes from the app were lost -- I permanently lost the two meals I added and also all changes in the diary were deleted. I tired re-adding the meals through the app (the web version does not allow me to scan labels), but the problem occurs again.

I have added meals and synced between the two versions of the app successfully earlier this week. Also, my posts from the feed do get synced without a problem. It's just the meals and the food diary from the iPhone app that won't sync onto the web app. The meals I added through the web app, as well as exercise I logged into the web version were synced onto the phone just fine.

Any help would be very welcome. I contacted the support already, but perhaps someone else had similar issues and solved them through some clever trick?

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I'm having some issues also - Android app for me.

If I enter stuff in the website: no problems at the website but it does not show up on the app.
    If I enter something into the app: it takes a while to show up on the website version.

I've found that if I open the app and it does not show my day's diary information, that if I add an entry then it tends to update and THEN show the accurate data.

And sometimes, time seems to allow the app to catch up.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    In for tips also. It's frustrating and doesn't seem to work seamlessly very often.
    ETA: It seems like the app has more features and works better than the web interface.