Difficulty eating enough calories

Hello there, I am struggling,

I have been plant based for nearly 25 years and though liked salty snacks had virtually no sugar or junk in my diet, the problem was it took for me to develop a mild liver disease because of a stomach med I was on, to have a good look at my diet, then try and reverse the liver damage. So I had a good look at my diet, joined my fitness here and was shocked that most days I was not eating enough and this had been for years. (Swore blind to one and all I was). I am a very active 50 year old female, was a former runner and kick boxer, still weight train with resistance bands and Indian clubs, plus walk everyday, as well as run around taking care of elderly parents. I managed to drop 4 pounds taking me to 7st 9lb which was good to help cut the fat that had built up on my liver, but now no amount of doctors telling me to put a little back on, can I make the target calorie intake suggested, without overdoing the fat content by too much. I try to stay under 150g of carbs per day because it really helps my digestive problems and have celiac's so gluten free. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I feel tired and my blood sugar does not feel well controlled.

Thank you.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Despite all the struggles, you seem very self-aware and active!

Since you have been tracking and because of your eating preferences, have you considered chatting with a nutritionist or dietician?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    +1 on dietitian reference from liver treatment doctor as it almost feels to me that you have eating goals that may be conflicting with each other!