Overcoming success vs failure mindset?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If I've fallen over because I felt I needed to eat 'emotionally' then that is a signal I need to address my stress levels and I look at that aspect rather than the extra calories I've consumed. I consider exercise as help with that as much as calorie control. As someone said earlier, if you are eating under maintenance then that's still a deficit even if ti's not a big one!
    - I also know from logging and weighing that one slip up does not ruin an entire week and even if it did, one week won't ruin my entire life - weight can fluctuate even with the best dietary behaviour! Nobody is perfect. If I aim for consistency, progress will come - both on and off the scales :)
  • josh250to180
    josh250to180 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lose the sense that I failed when I wake up and see a bunch of zeroes on my tracker.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You're already succeeding if you aren't gaining more weight (if your goal is weight loss).

If you go over your calorie goal today, tomorrow aim to be just under your goal or as close to your goal as possible. One day isn't going to make or break you in the long run.