Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Beginnings

Robsey48
Robsey48 Posts: 11 Member
Hello there- I am back on the app and on the team after a little over a year. I was working out with my amazing personal trainer and trudging along with my weight loss goal. I was down 18 lbs when things got hectic and I had to pause my program to move my mom back home and care for her. I was busy and kept the weight off until Thanksgiving when it started to slowly come back. My mom died unexpectedly from a heart incident Jan. 25. Less than two months later my brother died of an overdose. This hit hard. We had no clue he was using the heaviest drug of all. He died two days before life as we knew it changed from the pandemic COVID. I isolated and grieved. Then I realized I was not going anywhere and it was time to get back on that horse. I turned 50 July 6 and my gift to myself was my vertical gastric sleeve surgery. I needed this to get over the hump - I’ve been battling my weight gain of 60 pounds for five years and despite all my efforts I only seemed to lose 20 and later regain. This is my new start. I am back an look forward to good health and Life.

Replies

• Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Hi, welcome back to the app! I am so sorry to hear about your losses, thoughts and prayers with you. I wish you luck on your new journey, feel free to add me, hopefully if I can I will help along the way. Cheers to good health and life my friend.