For the women! Period talk

Options
AngelOfMusic1028
AngelOfMusic1028 Posts: 51 Member
edited July 2020 in Chit-Chat
6r7afus67qra.jpg
Do you all get super bloated while on your period (even if you don't have one anymore, I'd like to know about when you did)? I did a progress photo the other day (while on period) and I looked pregnant XD. Today, I'm off my period and look much smaller. Photo is reference! One isn't needed for you, but if you have one, great!

Replies

• ashtonmcguire2702
    ashtonmcguire2702 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get bloaty on my period. I only get mine every other month now. I used to take Midol because I was cranky too and that helped with the bloat. I think it's water holding on.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - there's no point me worrying about the scale during shark week and a couple of days before as it stubbornly sticks the same and goes up randomly. I also feel really bloated but I've never taken photos or measurements - I imagine it would be the same.
  • jadeleighcawkwell1
    jadeleighcawkwell1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I think all women bloat on they period. I also get cravings or am I alone on that one
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    I also get cravings or am I alone on that one

LOL, you are NOT alone in having cravings. I usually crave salty/savoury foods (potato chips, sushi,...) at least one day.
    Bloated: sure, not the whole period, but I definitely have some bloating some days and general 'feeling like a balloon'.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I think all women bloat on they period. I also get cravings or am I alone on that one

I feel constantly starved!! And cranky and extra inflated. I hate diets and their uselessness. It's no fun at all
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    Options
    I get bloaty on my period. I only get mine every other month now. I used to take Midol because I was cranky too and that helped with the bloat. I think it's water holding on.

My new birthcontrol makes me have one every month but before it was 3-6 months between. I can't take midol anymore, my body doesn't like it.
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    Options
    Oh yeah - there's no point me worrying about the scale during shark week and a couple of days before as it stubbornly sticks the same and goes up randomly. I also feel really bloated but I've never taken photos or measurements - I imagine it would be the same.

I was just really amazed at the difference the bloating makes honestly. Like I knew it was a thing but never really paid too much attention until I started trying to lose weight again
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    Options

I'm like 99% sure all women bloat but I didn't realize the difference until I started to try to lose weight again.
    The cravings are awful!! I usually crave chocolate or chips (which I will eat the whole damn thing)
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    Options

I feel constantly starved!! And cranky and extra inflated. I hate diets and their uselessness. It's no fun at all

Same!! I'll eat anything and everything! My mood doesn't get TOO terrible but the cravings and bloating are the worst
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

This is a mood. Not sure it goes away when my period does, though. :lol:
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I most DEFINITELY get bloated. Not just bloated, but beached-whale-before-it-busts bloated. Painful bloating, really. My stomach skin becomes so tight from the bloating that just poking it is painful. I take Midol which helps some, but not always. I'm just a painful, bloated, crampy wreck for a few days.

When I was on BC pills, my cravings for baked goods were so intense, that we dubbed my period "Pastry Week," which is when hubby knew he'd get some gooey brownies. Now that I have an IUD, Pastry Week isn't nearly as intense. (I kind of miss it........)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

This is a mood. Not sure it goes away when my period does, though. :lol:

🤣😂 Same!
  • zen_kaylor
    zen_kaylor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I seem to get bloated the day before mine arrives. It’s my tell tale sign it’s coming. Painful bloat and cramps.