Discouraged... Tired

JMGraydee18JMGraydee18 Member
July 26, 2020 8:20PM in Getting Started
In July 2019 I joined Weight Watchers. With that program and working out, I lost about 16 lbs. The diet was low fat, low carb and for some reason it just clicked.... I’ve kept off about 13 lbs that I lost (yea!). I would like to lose 15-20 more. My husband likes the keto diet (HIGH fat, low carb), and it’s completely messing me up. Gyms are closed. I’m honestly not interested in going back to WW, but keto is not working for me. Any suggestions?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Weight loss is caused by being in a calorie deficit. You don't have to follow a named diet. Just count calories. Set your weight loss at .5 lbs a week. Set your activity level before any added exercise. Eat back your exercise calories.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    He can eat one way and you another. I am guessing he has a higher calorie allowance due to being a guy. So he probably will eat a larger portion on meats and spend his extra calories to boost his fat. He can do that with nuts and nut butters, avocado, eggs, dairy.

You may prefer reduced fat dairy, and to include reasonable quantities of bread, rice, pasta while he skips those sides.

It does not have to be extra work. From 1 meal you each take what you need from it.