Any one else having trouble with eating enough?

Options
I am a VERY busy person and hardly find time to eat and when I do I don't eat very much. I meal plan but, like I said, I am very busy and just end up either not eating the pre planned meals or just forgo it all together, even forgetting to eat all together. I know I need to eat more because I am always tired and I am just mentally forcing myself to keep going, so how do you guys find the time to eat or do y'all have any tricks to eat more when you can?

Replies

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When I'm working long hours I prebag snacks. Usually nuts and seeds, dried fruit, that sort of thing. You can get quite a few quick and easy calories from nuts, seeds and dried fruit. You can also bake them in a little honey and a sprinkle of salt if you're really looking for extra calories.

Cereal bars and similar are good to
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, especially when live college classes are in session and i'm out of the house twelve hours a day. trick for me is really to never leave without at least a snack on hand. i keep my work fridge stocked with sandwich supplies in case i forget to meal prep, bananas and peanut butter in my desk, and everything i need to throw together a protein shake in a blender bottle. plus there's always a box of clif bars in my car. i make sure everything can be eaten on the go, nothing too complicated or messy. i also keep a list of safe places to eat in case i have to grab something at a drive-thru or order takeout, but i try to keep that as minimal as possible.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, especially when live college classes are in session and i'm out of the house twelve hours a day. trick for me is really to never leave without at least a snack on hand. i keep my work fridge stocked with sandwich supplies in case i forget to meal prep, bananas and peanut butter in my desk, and everything i need to throw together a protein shake in a blender bottle. plus there's always a box of clif bars in my car. i make sure everything can be eaten on the go, nothing too complicated or messy. i also keep a list of safe places to eat in case i have to grab something at a drive-thru or order takeout, but i try to keep that as minimal as possible.

ditto. Generally house→gym→work→ride/run→dancing→home (pre-COVID anyway - the gym and dancing are currently off the table). Supply of fruit snacks and mini Clif bars always in car (pre-gym breakfast (I add a yogurt post-gym/pre-work) and pre/during/post-ride/run fuel). I also keep yogurt singles in fridge at home and work. PB works well for on the run eating too.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    High calorie smoothies or meal replacement shakes (with added protein) helped me. Also being prepared.. having meals prepped and available, snacks like granola, nuts, dried fruit, energy bars, available at all times. Bagels are great very calorie dense and easy to top with anything (eggs, tuna, salmon, deli meat, baked chicken etc).
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you're input! I'll try to have more snack around and try to find the time to munch.
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not just eating enough its tough eating the right things to make macros an proper calories. My thing is keeping protein at 40-50% of intake. So i use protein shakes and have hard boiled eggs, turkey or chicken cooked and ready to go. You could also bring a protein bar with you. Keep in mind. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack dinner. Every few hours to keep you fueled up.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day. Sometimes I'm looking at the clock to see if at least 3-4 hours have passed and other times I check the time and it has been over 6 hours.
    Even if you're not hungry, eat something healthy. Bring an apple to eat, nuts, something is better than letting it go.
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    a jar of peanut butter can do wonders
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a VERY busy person and hardly find time to eat and when I do I don't eat very much. I meal plan but, like I said, I am very busy and just end up either not eating the pre planned meals or just forgo it all together, even forgetting to eat all together. I know I need to eat more because I am always tired and I am just mentally forcing myself to keep going, so how do you guys find the time to eat or do y'all have any tricks to eat more when you can?

Just wanted to add that hunger is not the issue most of the time. It's just finding the time to eat and not push it off until another time in the day, as in I might be doing something I can't walk away from right then so I just don't eat until I can, but most of the time I am always in a situation that is like that.