OMAD

Options
Any experienced successful OMAD practicers have any tips on dealing with hunger during the day? I failed yesterday and gave into my hunger 😩.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    OMAD does = mad.

If OMAD and IF solved everyone's problems with food there would be no such thing as rebound weight gain with friends. Using any of these strict protocols to overcompensate for weight gain will get you nowhere good or where you want to be.

Don't do it. Some may say it's fun or useful in the beginning but most would report it is useless for long term weight stability. I am a leader on an IF/OMAD/5:2 and all of the other variations on a theme strict protocols for maximum weight loss. I changed the name to TRE, Time Restricted Eating.

Guess what. After several years, not a one out of 7500 came back to report any long term weight stability with OMAD/IF or 5:2. Not one. You say that yesterday was a flop. There's your answer. It wasn't meant to be.

Edge your way down slowly and read the forum. You'll find some straight talk about what does and does not work for the long haul. Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten. Trying to overcompensate by fasting or eating one meal a day does not fix a relationship with food.

Sidenote: TRE. Time Restricted Eating. I eat 3 meals a day just like I used to do when I was a kid and didn't overthink anything. Mom put the meals on the table at regular intervals. All was well with the world and I was free to think about everything else. Life was good. I'm going back to my roots. I'm still standing 4 years later. No rebound weight gain with friends for me, Mom. I am through with brutally strict protocols.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    Unless OMAD is how you naturally like to eat - why are you doing it? It doesn't magically create weight loss. The people who are successful with OMAD are successful because that's how they like to eat.'

If you want to have an eating window, it's a lot easier to go with 16:8 or even 18:6.

Why not back off a bit? It's all about calories in being lower than calories out, as that chart above illustrates so well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    There is an OMAD group. Go to "Groups" and type OMAD into the search.
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you! All of this was very helpful!