J in the Bx Ultramate Breakfast sandwich /

Options
mikebxb
mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
Although I despise Jack in the Box. My wife takes her mother 3 days a week to Dialisys and granny loves Jack Box. I treat myself to their lowest calorie Ultimate breakfast sandwich (no cheese, no bun) on here, and from their site that is 228 calories. Its confusing as my homemade version is only 155 cals. ingredients = 1 egg, 1 ounce ham, 1 slice bacon, 1 slice tomato, lettuce, onions.. Interesting. Where am I wrong?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Do you use any oil or butter?

Can you please make your food diary public?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Without weighing out the ingredients for both, the calories are going to be an estimate. What size egg? Maybe their slice of bacon is bigger than the one you use at home? Plus, cooking method...is there butter or oil involved in the cooking? How much? Your homemade version is never going to line up directly with a restaurant version. There's too many unknowns. I would go with the calorie count from their website.
  • mikebxb
    Options
    for pan lube a drizzle of cold-pressed, organic EVOO made lovingly near the Mediterranean by magical relatives of the Keebler elves. :D:lol: . Re: diary. If I can selectively share, I will to friends but fair warning I'm brutally honest and there's "warts" in there. But hey, an untruthful food intake history benefits no one.;-)
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    mikebxb wrote: »
    for pan lube a drizzle of cold-pressed, organic EVOO made lovingly near the Mediterranean by magical relatives of the Keebler elves. :D:lol: . Re: diary. If I can selectively share, I will to friends but fair warning I'm brutally honest and there's "warts" in there. But hey, an untruthful food intake history benefits no one.;-)

Do you use a food scale and weigh all the ingredients, including the oil?
  • mikebxb
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    mikebxb wrote: »

Do you use a food scale and weigh all the ingredients, including the oil?

Yes Ma'am. It's an old, cheap spring scale my wife used in her dieting during the 80's. I've considered upgrading to a digital scale. I opened diary up to grinds at your request. fire away ;-)

• mikebxb
    Options
    to *friends ***