Getting started

Always struggle with motivation. I can be really focused and then lose all motivation

Replies

• Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    Always have a goal!!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Things that help me stay motivated:
    - Breaking up your goal into mini-goals
    - Have non-weight related fitness goals to work on
    - Daily Weighing (I use Happy Scale to get a moving average)
    - Following a workout program
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Daily weighing depresses me. I weigh in weekly, same time and date and measure once a week on a different day than the weigh in. Weigh in for me is Saturday, but my measuring day fluctuates between Wednesday’s and Thursday’s.

I keep motivated by focusing on how much better I feel when I eat better and lose weight.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    In contrast to @slunburg, daily weighing is what keeps me on track. Weekly weighing and I start acting on bad thoughts like, "Oh, I can eat that today! I'll make up for it over the next few days." Yeah, ha! I'm lying to myself and years of experience confirms it.

So, DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. It may take trial and error to find it but that's okay.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Yes, it’s important to know that there is no one size fits all. Some people struggle with portion control on certain foods so may choose to eliminate them completely. I would fail if I couldn’t still eat what I love.

Everyone is motivated by something different, so you need to find what you’re passionate about. Maybe you love running or hiking. I love proving my husband wrong (he said I wouldn’t stick with the gym).
  • andyhewitt70
    andyhewitt70 Posts: 8 Member
    I agree cathrynjtaylor I always set my mind that I’m going to do it but can’t keep the motivation up