how can I handle this!

i recently started back on mfp after gaining most of the weight back that I had lost the first time(60 lbs). I even started off really strong losing 14 lbs in 4 weeks. then BAM!! my life starts to get flipped around
it all started with a lump in my breast. then before I can even get a mammogram, I find out there's a possibility I might have cervical cancer.

good news is, the mammogram shows a solid mass that they have concluded is "probably benign" and I should do another mammogram in 6 months. but I'm still waiting on the biopsy results for the other.

needless to say my head is reeling and my focus on eating right has been shot. I know I should be eating right now more than ever!!! but im scared and depressed and i keep reaching for those comfort foods.

how do I keep focus when my head is such a mess??

Replies

• hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 207 Member
    I’m sorry you’re struggling through this hard time. I don’t know if this will quell your fears but my younger sister (she’s only 31) is currently battling breast cancer. It took about one week (possibly under that) to go from lump discovery to mammogram to diagnosis. And this occurred two weeks after my aunt’s diagnosis.

I hope your cervical cancer scare also turns out to be a false alarm. I was in a similar situation several years ago. I know how frightening it can be.
    To respond to your question, I would say to not stress about what you don’t know.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    thank you
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    The criteria for "let's investigate this further" is super low so that things get caught early. Unfortunately this means a lot of people have a big scare. The statistics are massively in your favour though.

I would give yourself some time to just log. Don't worry about what you're eating or losing weight - just log everything. I find this kicks me back into being good quite quickly as I have some data in front of me and I find I start making changes without much effort.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    thank you, I will do that. I can see how that would be helpful
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    I love what geneveremfp said!!

What a completely stressful situation!! No wonder your heads spinning from it.
    Would it be sensible to.log everything as mentioned above until you get some further results regarding the cervical? And then go from there?

I have my fingers crossed that everything is clear for you
    Xx