Need motivation and support

Options
After gaining two stone in two years I finally decided to shift my weight. The problem is I have no support or motivation at home. My boyfriend just laughs at me and says it won’t last. But I determined to prove him wrong. It’s his fault I gained weight you think he would be more supportive. Anyway any word of advice and support. Also I would appreciate if anyone can tell me how to shift my weight quicker. Got a holiday planned and I need to be reasonably skinny.
Thanks everyone....

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to calculate your calories. Set your weight loss goal at 1 lb a week. Set your activity level before any added exercise. Log your food and any exercise. Eat back your exercise calories.

How is it your boyfriends fault that you've gained weight?
  • LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bit robotic above lol :p - Staying under your calorie allowance on here is pretty key and then any exercise you can do is always going to benefit. I have mates that have shifted a lot just walking each day. I'll add you if you like so can see how tricks go. You don't need your partner to be on board, this is about you mate - you can totally do this
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    First tip: don't discuss this with your boyfriend as it will just annoy you more. People who are not trying to lose weight will typically not 'get it'. You may want him to support you thru this, but that sounds unlikely. You can find support here, as there are many of us who have been there/done that and DO understand.

Second tip: please don't take this the wrong way, but your weight gain is not his fault. That may sound harsh. But it also means your weight loss will be your victory, not his.

Think about why you want to lose weight, and come up with little things you can use to remind yourself through the day. Perhaps a goal outfit - print out a picture and put it on your refrigerator or make it your phone screen saver.

You gained about 28 pounds over about 2 years. A little more than 1 pound per month. The good news is that you CAN lose it quicker - it probably will not take you 2 years to lose that weight. Set up MFP for a 1 pound per week weight loss plan, and also look for ways to increase your activity. Be honest & accurate with your food choices. In a nutshell, eat a little less and move a little more and you'll accomplish your goal.