My Success Story

mlkz7rc2jsdk.jpeg

Hopefully my story can give anyone who needs it some motivation to stay positive and keep trying!
My weight was always a little higher than normal throughout childhood, but loneliness and depression made my weight balloon to almost 18st by the time I was 18 years old.
When I was about to start university, I made the decision to change my life for the better. The summer before starting uni I was out every day, eating clean and doing all I could to improve my mental and physical health.
This continues into my first year of uni - I was running, cooking, jumping for joy to lose the pounds. However, this got a bit out of hand and I developed and eating disorder. In about a year and a bit I lost over half of my body weight and dropped to a low of 7st 13lb. I got help and gradually started getting back on track.
I am now happy at maintaining a weight of around 9st.
My key take away is to not be afraid to ask for help. I have known people to remain isolated in their weight loss journey, but a little advice from people who have had success can have such a big impact.
I believe anyone can change their life for the better. I hope whoever is reading this will reach their goals, however long it takes.

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    You look happy, healthy and strong now! Your story is inspiring and a great reminder to us.
  • dannmorris
    dannmorris Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for sharing your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!