I lost 8 lbs in July, 20+ since June 1st. Here are some stats

r97rhw0g5xrk.png

In the month of July I lost a bit more than 8 lbs.
I’ve lost 20+ lbs sine June 1st.
Here are some things I learned by tracking my weight every day.

1) Red line is a projection of weight loss/gain based on recent results. If we gain weight for 2 days in a row for instance, we feel like in spite of our efforts our weight is ballooning out of control. If we drop a lbs in 24 hrs we also feel like we should be able to drop 30 in a month. None of these two extremes is true.

2) Body fat % is the most stable metric to follow. Very little fluctuation and steady work shows steady improvement.

3) Dehydration tends to show as muscle gain. This is true when we visually check ourselves out. This spike turned out to be an outlier. This is why I weigh in daily to learn how the body fluctuates and to weed out outliers

4) Week during which my weight was stubbornly high. This shows in the graph as a less than expected drop.

5) Week during which my body lost at a rapid pace. This shows in the graph as a higher than 2lbs/week loss.

Overall I weigh myself daily to learn how my body works in relation to my weekly rhythms and other factors such as cheat meals (waste retention for at least 2 days) and strenuous workouts which lead to inflammation and water retention.

There’s more I’ve learned but it’s probably very particular to my own body, routine, diet, etc

I've shared this in Motivation and support because I know some people, including me, tend to get discouraged when we work so hard and see very little results. I hope this helps you see that if you keep working steady and trusting the process the body will do what's gonna do but with great certainty you will lose weight. Or you will lose fat which is really the ultimate goal I think.

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    It's really neat that you are good with the numbers. That takes a lot of time, but you are good at it and it shows a lot of passion for your weight loss journey. It does really help to keep things in perspective when you know your own body and how it reacts to a higher calorie day or working out, etc. Thank you for sharing your information as a reminder that it is a process and the scale isn't a perfect indicator of loss/gain on a day to day or weekly basis.