Late night eating

Options
What are some tricks to reduce late night eating?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I plan some calories to allow for a snack before bedtime, and then, honestly, I go to bed. Staying up late is too tricky for me.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sleep!

Seriously if you can get into an early to bed, early to rise routine you will not just eliminate late night snacking but also get to enjoy early mornings. I won’t pretend it’s an easy habit to develop but it’s worth it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I prefer to sleep with food in my stomach, so I just plan my day so that I can eat at night. I eat lighter earlier in the day.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Mostly what the others have said above,

You could drink a couple of glasses of water to see if you are actually hungry or just craving a snack. If you're still hungry then make yourself a low calorie snack.
    If you're not then you'll have no desire for food after the water lol.

Prepping low calorie snack for at night, ill sometimes have some chopped up cucumber and tomatoes with a couple of slices of salami. Or some nuts and dried fruit.
    But I'll save calories from earlier in the day, I generally have a light breakfast and lunch because I prefer to snack at night too.

Another good tip is brushing your teeth. Just like your brain might signal 'have a snack whilst watching TV'. Brushing your teeth is what most people do when they've finished eating for the day.
    Firstly you wont want to have to brush your teeth AGAIN. and secondly, ever ate anything after brushing your teeth? Ew.

And better yet, just go to sleep if you're tired enough!