Name a Disney Song You Can't Stand

Options
2»

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I dont really like any of the new ones apart from the ones in Tangled. Having worked with little ones when Frozen was released, Let It Go takes me to a dark place in my mind. No one should have to listen to that for 8 hours a day.

I'm disappointed no one has mention In Upende from the Lion King 2 in their list of top songs. Also the DRAMA when Simba kicks Kovu out of pride Rock - that song is so extra:
    "Deception, disgraaaace, evil as plain as the scar on his face
    Deeeeception, an outrage, for shame
    He asked for trouble the moment he came"

Simba didn't come to play.

Pleased to see Be Prepared from the OG Lion King is being honoured. As much as I hate Scar for what he did to Mufasa, he knew how to entertain.

Wow. Its possible I am too invested in the Lion King.

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I dont really like any of the new ones apart from the ones in Tangled. Having worked with little ones when Frozen was released, Let It Go takes me to a dark place in my mind. No one should have to listen to that for 8 hours a day.

I'm disappointed no one has mention In Upende from the Lion King 2 in their list of top songs. Also the DRAMA when Simba kicks Kovu out of pride Rock - that song is so extra:

Pleased to see Be Prepared from the OG Lion King is being honoured. As much as I hate Scar for what he did to Mufasa, he knew how to entertain.

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

I refrained from a lot of favorites as it is supposed to be songs you don't like. I like lots more than I don't! lol
  • ghudson92
    Options
    Small world is really the only one I can think of that I have to turn off.

I love the music from Hercules, but it's also my favorite Disney movie. It's carried by the supporting cast though, Hercules himself is kinda meh.

I also really like Hakuna Matata and the big pig song from Lion King.

Oh and Prince Ali from Aladin.

These are excellent choices George. Good man. Hercules is such an underrated film.
  • ghudson92
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

I refrained from a lot of favorites as it is supposed to be songs you don't like. I like lots more than I don't! lol

Yeah I get that. It was hard to think of a song I really don't like, but Let It Go will be what plays on a loop if I ever find myself in hell.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Pretty much all of the songs from Tangled, particularly "When Will My Life Begin". My step son loved that movie for a long time and so it was constantly on.

While on the topic of Disney songs, I listened to "Colors of the Wind" the other day, and it made me cry. Pretty powerful words in that one.
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

but since you asked for some more favorites :)

The Bear Necessities and Wan'na Be Like You from Jungle Book. Those get in my head for DAYS and I don't mind.

The whole soundtrack from Robin Hood.
  • ghudson92
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

The Bear Necessities and Wan'na Be Like You from Jungle Book. Those get in my head for DAYS and I don't mind.

More excellent choices
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

Good to see others here who liked the sequel as much as I did! I probably w ore out my old VHS of it long ago. :lol:
  • ghudson92
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

Good to see others here who liked the sequel as much as I did! I probably w ore out my old VHS of it long ago. :lol:

It was just as good as the first 😁 I still have the VHS in my loft
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    The "Let it go" song grates on me - don't know why, probably 'cause it's such an ear worm to me.

Actually just saw the movie a few months ago - and its well placed and makes sense in the movie. Maybe if I had of heard it in the movie first it wouldn't irritate me as much?

Oh dang, this one slipped my mind as I try so hard to NEVER HEAR IT. But yes, Let It Go needs to well, go.
    Actually I cannot stand The Circle of Life. Most songs from Frozen.

I love Scar's song from the Lion King.

Be Prepared is actually my favorite Disney song. Also, probably my favorite villain next to Shere Khan.

I'm a bit gay for Jeremy Irons. The song is dark, aggresive, passionate (and kind of sexy) for the Disney catalogue.
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

More excellent choices

Just a Spoon Full of Sugar
    Chim Chim Che-ree
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

More excellent choices

Chim Chim Che-ree

...cautious like
    sometimes my sarcasm detector malfunctions
    b/c Mary Poppins is the bestest!

Lets not forget

"We won't hide your spectacles
    So you can't see
    Put toads in your bed
    Or pepper in your tea
    Hurry, Nanny!
    Many thanks
    Sincerely,
    Jane and Michael Banks:
    Jane and Michael Banks."

eta
    ...love this song, not a 'can't stand'...don't want to confuse since this thread has been somewhat juxtaposed...but in a good way!
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Bibbidy boppidy boo 💁‍♀️

More excellent choices

Chim Chim Che-ree

...cautious like
    sometimes my sarcasm detector malfunctions
    b/c Mary Poppins is the bestest!

Lets not forget

"We won't hide your spectacles
    So you can't see
    Put toads in your bed
    Or pepper in your tea
    Hurry, Nanny!
    Many thanks
    Sincerely,
    Jane and Michael Banks:
    Jane and Michael Banks."

eta
    ...love this song, not a 'can't stand'...don't want to confuse since this thread has been somewhat juxtaposed...but in a good way!

your sarcasm detector is fine in this case, I really like that movie and those songs.