Workout When Obese

Options
13»

Replies

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    momof2kd wrote: »
    Well I went back this morning and, if I do say so myself, killed it! Slightly increased my distance on the elliptical and added quite a bit of strength training. Found a few more machines I could fit on.

Some people were staring, but I've decided that I am no mind reader and they could be thinking anything. At any rate, it's not worth my stopping. It feels so so awesome to find that I can actually do a little more than I thought.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support.

The one thing I just want to say is that I'm really proud of you for showing up! It's hard to go back after having a rough go of it! I'm 5'7" and at my heaviest was 337. So I completely understand how difficult it is to go to the gym. A wise man once told me that it's none of my business what other people think of me. So when I would go to the gym, in all my obese glory, I'd plug in my music, hop on that elliptical, and I'd keep reminding myself that it's not my business what people think of me. And it's true. I'm showing up for ME - not for them. That's why I pay for MY membership. I don't answer to them - I answer only to ME.

And most often, the mental/emotional struggles can be more difficult to overcome than the physical ones. So just keep showing up - keep doing you! Hold your chin up high and be proud of yourself for showing up today. Keep up the great work! You got this!!