NSV- I climbed a mountain

Options
ardty08
ardty08 Posts: 2 Member
Long story short, I was an overweight kid with a low activity lifestyle. Never moved unless I had to and even then I'd consider alternatives. Graduated college at 240lb and decided that was probably not a good thing as I'm just 5'4. Joined curves, started tracking and got down to 155. That was the lowest I'd weighed since I was like 13 and I could do things I enjoyed, like gardening, without wanting to die. I hit a platue but managed to maintain that weight for 2 years. Then I moved for a job, across the country. I got stressed about everything, new job, new place, no physical support network, and it took a toll. I got on a scale in January, 190. Nope, not doing this again, I'm not going back to the 200s. I started tracking and got an exercise bike but the process is slow going. I still haven't gotten even close to my lowest but today I climbed a mountain, a literal mountain, at 183lbs. It's not the tallest (1850ft) and I wasn't the fastest (2.5 hours with a break at the top) but I did it. Just persevere.

Replies

• Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Your doing great! It a journey not a race. Good luck and keep going.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Now with increased confidence you can climb a higher mountain! Or a lower one. Either way, enjoy your view from the summit. :) That's awesome that you caught yourself before going back to your old high weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!