Maintaining weight after vlc diet

Hello there!
I’m currently on a VLC diet eating a maximum of 800-900 calories a day (because I started having health issues due to my weight). I’ve basically been on that diet for 6 weeks now (in addition to using a natural weight loss supplement with garcinia, caffeine and bitter orange as some of the active constituents) and I was wondering how can I try and maintain the weight? I’m currently not working with a nutritionist because of corona but any help would be appreciated

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    What weight did you start at 6 weeks ago and what is it now?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited August 2020
    Did your doctor put you on that diet?
  • nedaaelkassrawy
    nedaaelkassrawy Posts: 6 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    I was around 79.7kg (around 177.7lbs) but 4 kg of that was water because my body tends to retain a lot of water due to my health issues and I wasn’t exactly healthy (I ate a lot of sodium and drank only 0.5L a day)
    And today, I hit 72.7kg (around 163lbs)
  • nedaaelkassrawy
    harper16 wrote: »
    My doctor told me that it would be the best diet for my condition because I was already prehypertensive at 22 and I needed to shed the weight quickly (my family has a history of heart diseases) because in addition to that, the walls of my arteries are weak and I would be risking getting an aneurism
  • harper16
    edited August 2020
    My doctor told me that it would be the best diet for my condition because I was already prehypertensive at 22 and I needed to shed the weight quickly (my family has a history of heart diseases) because in addition to that, the walls of my arteries are weak and I would be risking getting an aneurism

And, your doctor has been monitoring you while on this diet?

And, how tall are you?
  • nedaaelkassrawy

And, your doctor has been monitoring you while on this diet?

And, how tall are you?
    He has been monitoring me for a while but unfortunately due to coronavirus, only doctors with “essential” majors are left to work in clinics while other doctors were moved to the quarantine hospitals so he can no longer monitor me and I’m personally afraid of multivitamin deficiencies so I tend to eat a lot of greens next to my proteins + take a multivitamin supplement like Centrum
    I’m 167cm tall which is around 5’5-5’6
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Sorry dude, but you DON'T need to be on that diet. I'm only an inch taller and weigh 185lbs right now. And eat at least 2300 calories a day (and I'm still losing weight). More when I train harder.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • nedaaelkassrawy
    Sorry dude, but you DON'T need to be on that diet. I'm only an inch taller and weigh 185lbs right now. And eat at least 2300 calories a day (and I'm still losing weight). More when I train harder.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Thank you, really. I’m actually trying to stop it because I feel like it’s gonna be very harmful on the long run specially when it comes to muscles because I heard that it causes the muscles to get weaker which I’m personally trying to avoid because I can’t work out so I’m trying to find a way to increase my caloric intake without gaining back the weight again
  • harper16

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Thank you, really. I’m actually trying to stop it because I feel like it’s gonna be very harmful on the long run specially when it comes to muscles because I heard that it causes the muscles to get weaker which I’m personally trying to avoid because I can’t work out so I’m trying to find a way to increase my caloric intake without gaining back the weight again

On that low caloric of a diet you aren't fueling your most important muscle your heart. Once you come off that diet, and start eating in a healthy manner, and stop taking diet pills which are more likely causing you more issues you will likely gain weight.
  • nedaaelkassrawy

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

On that low caloric of a diet you aren't fueling your most important muscle your heart. Once you come off that diet, and start eating in a healthy manner, and stop taking diet pills which are more likely causing you more issues you will likely gain weight.
    But will it be as severe as I was before?