The end of a good first day

Options
Have had a really good positive day, under my calories and with swimming and fitness dvd. Heres hoping to carry on the positive attitude tomorrow. One thing i cannot do is going to bed hungry, must have a good cereal bout 11 pm. Dont know how people can not eat after a certain time at night. Any views?

Replies

• cajrowles
    cajrowles Posts: 3
    Options
    Your body is probably just used to eating late at night. Try not eating a half hour earlier every few days or so and then it should be easier not to eat so late at night.
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    Well good job on the first day! As for the before bed eating it is recommended against because it sits in your stomach when you sleep and when your metabolism is not as high (but it sounds like you knew that.) I would suggest having a snack (i sometimes have a half of PB and J) about an hour, hour and a half before bed. This will probably insure that you are not hungry. Have a great SECOND day of dieting!
    :happy: , Chloe
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    yay! Happy first day! I never thought the first week would end..lol. I'm finally getting the hang of this new lifestyle and am almost to my 3rd week :)
    We are happy to have you!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am of the belief that eating is eating - although the majority of your calories are best spent early in the day while you can put them to use in your activities! Night time eating is generally "comfort" eating. Something hot generally works - I enjoy a cup of good Earth decaf Original sweet and spicy tea - like liquid gingersnaps! Yum!
  • MrsBling
    MrsBling Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Im in scotland and its 1am, better get to sleep so im ready for tomorrows challenge ;)
  • Peaceloveandlocks
    Options
    I understand. I can not go to be hungry either. And if I try, I will not sleep well. Therefore, I eat 1 c. corn flakes with 1/2 cup almond milk (with a little water) and I continue loose weight everyday. Keep up the good work!
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Yeah i totally agee. I think its fine all im eating is half cup of shredded wheat bites and a wee drop of milk . Dont do pangs lol
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    most foods take about 4-6 hours to digest of you are eating late your body shuts down and most of what you have eatten is stored bad idea try not to eat after 6pm 7 pm at a push !!!!!!!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the end to a good first day. I have been fighting my weight and my unhealthy lifestyle for years. I have really found a new attitude that is making it easier for me to want to change. Good luck!!!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If i stay up till 11 i get hungry too, course if i stay up till 11 thats never good i get up at 430 in the morning. i eat dinner around 6 and have dessert no later than 7 and then go to bed between 9-10.

thats how i do it anyway.

GREAT JOB on your day
  • janiebernard
    janiebernard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw something about this on Oprah. I believe it was Dr. OZ who said not to get so caught up on when the calories are consumed. As long as you stay under your set amount it doesn't matter when you use them. I am going with this!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Food can stay in your large intestine for up to 96 hours being worked on and absorbed by your body.

http://www.saburchill.com/chapters/chap0016.html

More absorption takes place within the first 10 hours it takes to move through your small intestine, but even if your last meal of the day is at 6 PM you're going to be breaking down and absorbing nutrients and calories as fast as your body can until 4 AM. That's the majority of the sleep cycle for most people.

I tend to not worry about when I eat, so much as what and how much I eat. Seems to be working OK . :-)
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Well done on completing your first day and may tomorrow (which is now today here in the UK) be a positive day too.:flowerforyou:

As for the eating at night I cant sleep if I'm hungry either. I usually have a high protein snack about 7 or 8pm which is a few hours before I go to bed but stops me feeling hungry. I would however try to avoid fruit or anything high in sugar at night as you dont want it fermenting in your stomach , it can be quite painful to say nothing about the embarrasment:blushing:
    Your body is probably just used to eating late at night. Try not eating a half hour earlier every few days or so and then it should be easier not to eat so late at night.

I think this post by cajrowles is a really good idea
  • laceandbits
    Options
    I also started yesterday! Found the site looking for free iPhone apps. Why has it been kept a secret from me?

My first day wasn't as good as yours, but only because I had already finished off about 1/3rd of a bag of chocolate raisins before I found it. At the end of the day, every category I was over on was from that bag of raisins!

I'll try harder today :happy:
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Im also uk as well (scotland) i agree with fruit suggestion at night that fermenting thing actually makes me feel hungry. Quite annoying as i love raw veg which does the same type of thing, have to eat with them with something to stop it happening.
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up too much! The fact that you got the app and started doing something is the first step, keep it up !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!