Clearly I need help

cjr1
cjr1 Posts: 13 Member
Heavier then ever. Annoyed With myself at 43 and trying to find my way.

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    You can do this. Log your good every day. Move your body every day. You are worth it. Your body has supported you for 43 years. Give it some love and it'll do amazing things with you
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    "Sexypants" is one thing, happiness is another. Changing your bodyweight is empowering, as is getting in better shape, being more social, and learning new things. I think things really start to click when you make multiple moves in the right direction FOR YOURSELF and ON YOUR OWN TERMS. Have at it and best of luck!
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    I could have written what you did in January. I'm down 16+ lbs, and still trying to find my way. Feel free to friend me if you want! We're at a funny age: young enough to have plenty of life ahead of us, old enough to have health scares in our friend circles. Some of the things I think to myself to keep myself plugging away at this -- in no particular order -- are:

1. I'm still young enough to enjoy life and I'll enjoy it more if I have more freedom in my physical ability.
    2. I don't want to be the slowest/last one up the hill every time my (outdoorsy) family wants to go hiking
    3. I was happier when I could dance and tumble and never intended on the last times being the last times, so let's see if I can get back to that, because those things make me happy!
    4. The elderly relatives I have left are in okay shape at the moment but that may not always be true. I need to take better care of myself now so I can take better care of them when they need me.
    5. I don't want my son to look back and think of me as sedentary and unhappy throughout his childhood
    6. I never want to be mistaken for pregnant again

You may or may not be able to relate to those things, but maybe coming up with your own list that includes things you want to be, rather than things you do NOT want to be, may be helpful.

Self-loathing might be good to get us started, but it's an unhealthy way to keep going, y'know?