Zoodles Recipes?

ljashley1952
ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
I apologize if this has been discussed already. Now that it is garden season, I have an abundance of zucchini and spaghetti squash. I'm looking for low carb recipes that act as a main dish for lunch or dinner. I have a couple that I do, but I'm open to new ideas.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    I am a keto'er ... enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash ...chicken alfredo (which is a garlic parmesan sauce that is keto )...I will get you the recipes after I eat dinner that is if you are interested
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Zoodles + sun-dried tomatoes (+ olive oil if the tomatoes didn't include them) + nutritional yeast

Zoodles as a sub in ramen soup

Zoodles as a sub for any long pasta, for that matter

Zoodles as a bed for poached eggs

I could go on but... 😋
  • ljashley1952
    I am a keto'er ... enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash ...chicken alfredo (which is a garlic parmesan sauce that is keto )...I will get you the recipes after I eat dinner that is if you are interested

I'd love the recipe for the garlic parmesan sauce! I also love spaghetti squash. I have learned that it doesn't freeze and thaw all that well, so I try to keep it in the frig rather than freeze. Although, I know it would be fine added to a soup broth straight from the freezer. Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Keto Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    6 cloves garlic, Minced
    Sea Salt and Cracked black pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS
    1. In a small saucepan over medium high-heat , whisk together the cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic until well
    combined .

2. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduced the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about
    5 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Makes 2 cups (1/4 cup per serving)

Calories 160 Protein 5.5g Total Carbs 2g Dietary Fiber 0 Net Carbs 2g

This is good on Zoodles , squash , eggplant and a Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

Enjoy :)

• ljashley1952
    Thank you! I will give it a try! It will be great with the zoodles or spaghetti squash noodles.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    You are welcome :) .... I use it with chicken (rotisserie chicken to make it easier ) and zoodles
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
    Go on Pinterest and search for those two things. There are tons of yummy recipes.

Also, I think it was mentioned above, just use zoodles in place of pasta, or lettuce (I know lettuce isn’t high carb, but zoodles are much more filling and I like leaving them crisp-tender) in any dish. The possibilities are endless!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Chicken fra diavlo.
    Brown chicken breasts in a skillet
    add:
    one can of hot rotel tomatoes
    one can tomato sauce
    1/4 cup white wine
    Seasoning to taste (I add a dash of cayenne, salt, pepper, and garlic)
    Simmer the chicken until it is tender and cooked through.

Hint: I like to cook my steamed zoodles into a small amount of hot olive oil until it is just slightly brown. It seems to have more flavor and it is not as wet for "pasta" dishes.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Here's a Pad Thai knockoff from Eating Well:

Ingredients

o 1¼ pounds zucchini (2-3 medium)
    o 1¼ pounds yellow summer squash (2-3 medium)
    o 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
    o 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use Golden Mountain sauce or just soy sauce to keep it vegetarian)
    o 1 tablespoon honey
    o 2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce
    o 1 teaspoon peanut oil plus ¼ cup, divided
    o 4 large eggs, beaten

o 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    o 6 scallions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
    o 3 large cloves garlic, minced
    o 3 cups bean sprouts
    o ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
    o ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
    o 4 lime wedges (optional)
    Directions
    • 1Using a spiral vegetable slicer or a julienne or regular vegetable peeler, slice zucchini and summer squash lengthwise into long, thin strands. Stop when you reach the seeds in the middle (seeds make the noodles fall apart). You should have about 12 cups of squash "noodles." (You could do all zucchini if you wanted.)
    • 2Combine vinegar, fish sauce, honey and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl. Place near the stove.
    • 3Set a 14-inch flat-bottom carbon-steel wok or large skillet over high heat until hot. Swirl in 1 teaspoon oil. Add eggs and cook, without stirring, until set, 30 to 40 seconds. Flip over and cook until set on the other side, about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a plate.
    • 4Swirl the remaining ¼ cup oil into the wok (or pan). Add the squash noodles, bell pepper, scallions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add bean sprouts and the reserved sauce and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
    • 5Slice or chop the egg. Serve the noodles topped with the egg and garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.

Can optionally top with any protein.
    Serving Size: About 1 3/4 Cups
    Per Serving:
    200 calories; total fat 6.9g 11% DV; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 186mg 62% DV; sodium 765mg 31% DV; potassium 1063mg 30% DV; carbohydrates 24.7g 8% DV; fiber 5.5g 22% DV; sugar 16g; protein 13.9g 28% DV; exchange other carbs 2; vitamin a iu 2009IU; vitamin c 103mg; folate 174mcg; calcium 105mg; iron 3mg; magnesium 81mg; thiaminmg; added sugar 4g.
    Exchanges:
    3 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat